“FAVORITE FRENCH”
Review of Vin Rouge

Vin Rouge
Reserve with OpenTable
Vin Rouge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 854 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$21 - US$40
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 9th St.
Description: Vin rouge is a French Bistro. We focus on classic preparations served in a true bistro atmosphere. We have beautiful patio and garden areas for those who prefer to dine outside. Please indicate your preference for dining inside or out. We look forward to serving you at Vin Rouge.
Reviewed 15 October 2017

This is one of our favorite Triangle restaurants, but we hit a slight snag recently. Our small table in the front room had a chair that wobbled seriously on the cement floor. We were able to adjust the table and chairs eventually so that it didn’t rock. Our waitress that evening was especially helpful with everything..

Both my husband’s scallops and my trout were beautifully prepared and we had a lovely Cotes de Gascogne wine to accompany. However, I question the mashed potatoes on my plate. They were limp and runny, and tasted like a grocery store prepared mix. However, this will not prevent us from returning here for a great meal another time.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

We dined at Vin Rouge on 10/10/17. My wife's first visit and my second many years after my first visit. Cotes du Porc the best quality pork chop either of us have had; beautifully prepared. Braised red cabbage best either of us have had anywhere. Caramelized goat cheese and caramelized onion tart appetizer also outstanding. Reasonable prices and great food make for wonderful meal. We'll be back as often as we return to Durham. Our dinner companion observed that their wine prices are a bit steep.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

The trout and the onion soup are both delicious. Quality ingredients and generous amount in each plate, and great wines to go with the dishes. Romantic setting to go with couple. The napkin left fluff on my lap and shirt, but overall I liked the place very much.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Already highly rated but even better than the reviews and ratings. Last night with friends I started with the Shrimp Provencal then the Trout Almondine and both were amazing but my friends were raving about the bone-in Pork Chop and also the mushroom goat cheese tart - so I went back tonight with my wife and mother-in-law and started with the oysters and tart for the table. Wife had the Trout and I split this enormous pork chop with my mother in law. Service was also great. If you made me find a criticism, I would say that the parking is not always ideal as that location is becoming very popular. Sorry that the images really do not convey adequately the appearance. Every time I come here I always leave wondering why I am not eating here every week.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We were seated outside on a warm autumn night. The service was a bit slow but the food was delicious. We had the bibb lettuce salad and the salmon which was expertly prepared. We have been here before and know the macaroni with pork was outstanding so we had side orders of the mac. The wine selection is outstanding.

Date of visit: September 2017