“Casual supper w unexpected specials”
Review of Elmo's Diner

Elmo's Diner
Ranked #20 of 803 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Many local families dining the night we were there. Cool decor (ie old school diner). Menu is expansive. Looking around, several tables had a mix of breakfast orders and dinner items.
We had a taco salad and one of the specials- black bean and sweet potato burrito. The burrito was really good! (if you like sweet and hot). I wish I would had switched the rice out for tortilla chips and salsa.
If youre up for casual dining and want to have a wide array of items to choose from, I would come to elmo's.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Great place for families with children and for anyone else just wanting a simple breakfast, brunch or supper. It is a diner with some specials that are appealing.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

This is a kid friendly local diner restaurant that offers great value. The very extensive menu has something for everyone. They don't accept reservations and the wait can be long especially on weekends. However, the food and the service are worth it.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Nice older restaurant with the diner feel. Service was good. Food was very good and filling with a nice price.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

I had breakfast here recently. It was early and not busy. I hostess didn't give me a menu and after a while a waiter appeared at my table to take my order. I asked for a menu. He returned and didn't show up back for a while. I ordered scrambled eggs and coffee. The coffee was awful, but the eggs where OK. However, he didn't bring me any toast, (which is standard in any restaurant when you order eggs) I started to eat the eggs slowly, waiting for the toast and by the time it arrived I was half thru and the eggs almost cold.
I have no idea why people line up to have breakfast at this place on weekends. You, certainly will see me there again.

Been to Elmo's Diner? Share your experiences!