“Executive coach”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: James St.
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Nana’s has Amazing food and the atmosphere with the gardens and patios are stunning! Great beer and wine list!

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Excellent restaurant that accommodates special dietary needs in a sophisticated and flexible way. Kudos to chef and wait-staff.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Found nothing spectacular about the place, until I tried the foie gras (not in the menu). That alone deserves a five-star rating for the kitchen. Rich local flavors combined corn and greens with berries into the plate. Then the salmon belly salad was very refreshing and tasty, and finally the canteloupe/mint sherbet was a great finish. Friendly staff. Would go back anytime to try other dishes.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Went here with friends to enjoy dinner for our last night in Durham and we weren't disappointed. It was a new venue for us all and the food was delicious. I am not a fan of liver of any kind but I had short rib beef ravioli with a chicken liver sauce as an appetiser and it was delicious if a little on the large side (but this is America!!). Everyone loved their entrees (the duck, the venison and the lamb) which were perfectly cooked - well done chef.
As a visitor to the US I often find portion sizes too large but the desserts were ideal as sharing dishes.
Our server was very good - attentive but not in an obtrusive way, as were all the other staff.
The only slight negative was that there was a large party in our section of the restaurant who were clearly having a fun nght and if there was a 'private' dining area in the restaurant it might have been better if they had been seated there. Didn't spoil our visit though and I would defintiely go back next time I am in Durham.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

I celebrated my birthday here on 9/30. I was very sick within a few hours which lasted 8 hours. I believe it got sick from the shrimp that I ate. I sent a message to the restaurant via Open Table on 10/2 to inform them. I have not received a response (as of 10/9) so have wondered if they did not get the message or if they are ignoring me. If you order seafood, I recommend asking a lot of questions about the freshness of what they are serving.

1  Thank Susan P