“Lunch ”
Review of Taberna Tapas

Taberna Tapas
Reserve with OpenTable
Taberna Tapas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 827 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Market St.
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Nice Tapas for lunch enjoyed the 2 for 10.00. My friend and I shared 4 small plates which was actually too much. Will come again.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

I was in downtown Durham solo and after looking at a few restaurant menus chose Taberna Tapas. I had Skirt Steak with Chimmichurri Sauce and a Grapefruit and Rosemary mocktail, served excellently by Dan. The tapas was tasty and filling, accompanied by fried potato rounds. The drink was refreshing.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

A wonderfully diverse menu that includes multiple seafood, vegetarian and hardy dishes to please all palates. The bacon wrapped dates are a fantastic appetizer or dessert and the paellas are excellent. A solid wine selection with liquor and beer options as well makes this our favorite spot for date night.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

Went to Taberna Tapas with two friends very early evening. The restaurant was deserted with the exception of two tables. The host had difficulty finding our reservation, but he did eventually find it and put us at a table in the back closest to the kitchen door and the restrooms. Since he said they were expecting a very busy evening, we were mostly okay with it. However, by the time we left, the entire row of tables stretching to the front of the restaurant was still empty. Not cool.

We did enjoy our wait person, Asia, who was knowledgeable and friendly. Our food and beverages were quite good and the prices were reasonable. We shared the beet salad and the paella with shrimp, which was delicious.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

We ate here and ordered 6-7 different dishes. The restaurant was pretty quiet but it didn't feel like you were in a Tapas restaurant. The skirt steak with chimichurri sauce and potatoes was good as was the fried calamari and paella. The croquettes were pretty bland but then I'm not one who has eaten many croquettes so this could just be my croquette ignorance talking. The paella had nice amounts of chicken, shrimp, and chorizo in it and the rice was crusty near the pan surface, which I liked. My wife enjoyed the smoked salmon and sardine on bread. We would try again just to try the many other tapas they had on the menu. We thought it was a bit pricy for the amount you got to eat. Monday is $5.00 Mojito day.

Been to Taberna Tapas? Share your experiences!