“Delicious Pizza and Kale Salad!”
Review of Pizzeria Toro

Pizzeria Toro
Ranked #2 of 791 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Cool modern atmosphere with amazing wood burning stove. The margarita pizza was excellent. I also tried the mushroom pizza which was very good... I'm just not a huge fan of mushrooms. The crust was slightly charred adding great flavor and crunch for thinner crust. They take pride in making their few day process pizza dough! The Kale salad was outstanding in flavor and worth it!

Reviewed 12 October 2017

It's amusing to read the negative reviews on this site. Brick oven pizzas should be "burnt". The crisp and the cooking style is what makes people want this pizza. It's not your moms delivery style pizza.

Everything on the menu is outstanding and fresh. It's a little pricey for some folks, that's ok. If you are looking for huge fattening pizza's this isn't your type of place.

I haven't had a bad meal here in roughly 4 - 5 visits.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

I love this place! They have awesome daily specials which I always try. I have lived in Durham for 11 months and have probably eaten here at least once per week! My favorite pizza on the menu is the soft egg-add pancetta or sausage to it! Their service is phenomenal and I love their fresh local greens salads. This place also has an awesome drink menu and THE BEST Martini in town! Ask for Warren or Graham at the bar! They’re wonderful! I feel like family whenever I’m here. It’s the prefect place for a date. I recommend coming here after 8 during the week as it is very busy. On the weekend come later. The pizzas are prefect size for if you’re hungry or just wanna split one as an app! Enjoy!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We had a delightful late lunch/early dinner in the bar area on Saturday. The bartender was so accommodating (even though we sat in the window and he had to come out from the bar to wait on us). The cocktails, salad, prosciutto and pizza were really perfect and the fun view and excellent service made everything more delicious. Love this place!

Reviewed 2 October 2017

The staff are excellent, the noise level is great for those who don't like a lot of noise, the food is to dream about and bill was very reasonable! Can't say enough good.