All reviews tripps restaurant northgate mall duke university easy access close to downtown room was clean complimentary breakfast great place to stay off the highway oatmeal breakfast staff very nice stay convenient location indoor pool very nice hotel the breakfast area would stay here again
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Just stayed at the Hampton in Durham this past weekend during a baseball showcase at Duke and this was the best Hampton we have stayed in so far. We have stayed in alot from NC to SC and this had the cleanest rooms, with a refreshing smell when you came in. The staff was great and the breakfast was great also. Very pleased with the whole experience!!! I would recommend to stay there.

Date of stay: November 2012
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I stayed here twice while my son was getting chemo from duke. Comfortable rooms, hotel staff very helpful, and breakfast was satisfying. They provide transportation 24/7 to the hospital which was a major plus since some nights I didn't get in until after midnight. There is a nice mall across the street.

1  Thank jtlassiter
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This is a very nice hotel. The staff was helpful and friendly. We ended up in an accessible room, and it was spacious. The whole facility was very clean, and breakfast was a nice free addition. The halls were a little noisy at night, but I blame the other guests.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stayed here overnight while in Durham. Check in was prompt & courteous. When I asked the desk staff for directions to a facility on the Duke University Campus, they went online & found directions for me even though they personally did not know where the facility was. The room measured up to the usual high Hampton Inn standards. It was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The breakfast selection was very good; the staff person in charge kept it well stocked. There was ample seating for everyone in the area. Check out was efficient also. There was free Wifi but I was not there long enough to use it. There is also a pool and an exercise room; however, since my stay was so short, I did not have the chance to check these out, so I cannot comment on them. Based on my (less than 24 hours) short stay, I would not hesistate to stay in this Hampton Inn again.

Date of stay: November 2012
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I was curious to see what was so special about this place that it had received 5 circles on tripadvisor. It was very nice, clean big rooms, nice modern bathrooms. The desk was very helpful and kind. I didn't get a chance to try the breakfast since we left at 4am to try to avoid Sandy but they gave us a 'to go' breakfast bag.
The hotel was a high rise at the intersection of several busy roads, highways. Ample and safe parking. It is close to Duke but not walking distance. There was a large mall just across the street with a movie theatre and a spa and soul food buffet.
A nice place to stay on your way to somewhere else. Certainly not a destination in itself but I would stay here again if I was visiting the area.