All reviews texas roadhouse room was clean front desk duke university medical center hot water checking in king bed nice stay convenient location free breakfast rri phillips microwave highway pet fi housekeeping
Reviewed 11 May 2018

After a long day of travel followed by an even longer work day, I was hoping the check-in would be easy form myself and my team; Phyllis at the front desk did not disappoint, she made sure we all had everything we needed and did her best to expedite the process as much as possible. The rooms we had were all freshly renovated with great in room amenities including coffee, mini-fridge, microwave and ample outlets for charing phones (and other electronics) plus a strong signal for the free wifi. The room was sparkling clean and at the end of our long day we were all really happy that we chose to stay at the Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University #164!

Room tip: Get the upgrade to the Superior King- definitely worth it!!
Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank coliesaw
Hope B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Colie M,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate you taking out the time to give us valuable feedback on your recent stay at our location.

I will make sure to share your comments with Phyliss and the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Best Regards, Hope B.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

Thank you so much Ms. Phyllss for a wonderful stay at the Red Roof Inn - Durham. You were integral in us having a great stay with ensuring we had a great room. It was nice, the beds were comfy and the entire room was clean. We are well rested and back on the road. Thanks for EVERYTHING!!!!. We appreciate it.

Room tip: Comfy and clean rooms
Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank LaToya L
Hope B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Dear LaToya L,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at our location. Ms. Phyliss and the entire staff was delighted after reading your compliments.

We want to provide clean, comfortable and well maintained rooms with great service. We are pleased to have met your expectations.

Best Regards,
Hope B.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

First time we have ever stayed at a Red Roof but chose this one because of price and location despite a couple of less than stellar reviews. Our experience was very good. We rented two rooms for our group and both were very clean and comfortable. They looked as though they had been recently renovated but the desk clerk said it had been four years. I always inspect the bed and ours had nice clean linens. (No stains) I also checked out the bathroom and it was very clean. Kudos to housekeeping. Some reviews said they don't have in room coffee, they do. Some reviews said they don't have microwaves, they do. Some reviews said they don't have refrigerators, they do. The desk staff upon check in and check out were were very efficient and friendly. The location is also convenient as it is close to I-85, restaurants and shopping. We will certainly consider this Red Roof Inn should we need to return to Durham.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Tom1378
Hope B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Dear Tom 1378,

Thank you for pointing out that our location has some standard rooms that do not include in-room coffee, microfridges, iron and ironing boards and hair dryers and we also have our deluxe doubles and superior king rooms which do include these amenities.

We have shared your comments with our cleaning team and thank you so much for the encouraging words alerting us of the customer service provided during your stay.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The worst hotel/motel I have ever stayed in, the king size bed was bowed.....Really bad. My husband and I rolled to the center once we got it. The roof started to leak, in two different places, it was NOT water....something sticky. Had to have been something from the 3rd floor. The staff acted like it was not big deal and refunded me a whole $29.99. Thanks! Will never EVER stay there again.

Room tip: Do not stay
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Christie M,

Thank you for taking out the time to share feedback of your recent stay with us. I apologize for the issues that were experienced during your stay with us. Please know that we did not find anything leaking from the ceiling of room 202. I understand that receiving half of your money back was unacceptable. We are happy to refund the remaining $29.85 to your credit card. Please check your upcoming credit card statement for your refund.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us as it gives us a chance to give better service in the future.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

There were stains on the linens to begin with. The bathroom had stains on the walls behind the bathroom door and there was some type of sticker from clothing left on the doorframe, it should have been obvious to anyone cleaning it. While waiting to check in at almost 1 am we watched seven different cars arrive, go to a room, then leave. It had all the hallmarks of illicit activity. It was a disappointment as the previous reviews had painted a much nicer picture of this hotel.

Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank scubadiver3000
Hope B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Dear Scubadiver3000,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is always difficult to hear when a guest is disappointed with their stay.

The housekeeping staff has specific procedures they are to follow if this should occur however in this situation we obviously fell short and for that I do sincerely apologize.

Our priority is not only providing a clean room and great service but the safety and security of our guests. I apologize for your unfavorable experience on this evening.

Please allow us another opportunity to earn your business and demonstrate our hospitality.

I invite you to further correspond with me personally to further discuss your stay. Please correspond through email at i0164@redroof.com or via telephone at (919) 471-9882 ext. 402

Best Regards,