All reviews texas roadhouse room was clean dog area front desk a ground floor room can't beat the price pet policy non smoking bit worn mother's day duke university medical center the king size bed staff person hot water checking in desk area graduation weekend
Reviewed 4 May 2018

Thank you so much Ms. Phyllss for a wonderful stay at the Red Roof Inn - Durham. You were integral in us having a great stay with ensuring we had a great room. It was nice, the beds were comfy and the entire room was clean. We are well rested and back on the road. Thanks for EVERYTHING!!!!. We appreciate it.

Room Tip: Comfy and clean rooms
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank LaToya L
Hope B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Dear LaToya L,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at our location. Ms. Phyliss and the entire staff was delighted after reading your compliments.

We want to provide clean, comfortable and well maintained rooms with great service. We are pleased to have met your expectations.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

First time we have ever stayed at a Red Roof but chose this one because of price and location despite a couple of less than stellar reviews. Our experience was very good. We rented two rooms for our group and both were very clean and comfortable. They looked as though they had been recently renovated but the desk clerk said it had been four years. I always inspect the bed and ours had nice clean linens. (No stains) I also checked out the bathroom and it was very clean. Kudos to housekeeping. Some reviews said they don't have in room coffee, they do. Some reviews said they don't have microwaves, they do. Some reviews said they don't have refrigerators, they do. The desk staff upon check in and check out were were very efficient and friendly. The location is also convenient as it is close to I-85, restaurants and shopping. We will certainly consider this Red Roof Inn should we need to return to Durham.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Tom1378
Hope B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Dear Tom 1378,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate you taking out the time to give us valuable feedback on your recent stay at our location.

Thank you for pointing out that our location has some standard rooms that do not include in-room coffee, microfridges, iron and ironing boards and hair dryers and we also have our deluxe doubles and superior king rooms which do include these amenities.

We have shared your comments with our cleaning team and thank you so much for the encouraging words alerting us of the customer service provided during your stay.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The worst hotel/motel I have ever stayed in, the king size bed was bowed.....Really bad. My husband and I rolled to the center once we got it. The roof started to leak, in two different places, it was NOT water....something sticky. Had to have been something from the 3rd floor. The staff acted like it was not big deal and refunded me a whole $29.99. Thanks! Will never EVER stay there again.

Room Tip: Do not stay
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Christie M,

Thank you for taking out the time to share feedback of your recent stay with us. I apologize for the issues that were experienced during your stay with us. Please know that we did not find anything leaking from the ceiling of room 202. I understand that receiving half of your money back was unacceptable. We are happy to refund the remaining $29.85 to your credit card. Please check your upcoming credit card statement for your refund.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us as it gives us a chance to give better service in the future.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

There were stains on the linens to begin with. The bathroom had stains on the walls behind the bathroom door and there was some type of sticker from clothing left on the doorframe, it should have been obvious to anyone cleaning it. While waiting to check in at almost 1 am we watched seven different cars arrive, go to a room, then leave. It had all the hallmarks of illicit activity. It was a disappointment as the previous reviews had painted a much nicer picture of this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank scubadiver3000
Hope B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Dear Scubadiver3000,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is always difficult to hear when a guest is disappointed with their stay.

The housekeeping staff has specific procedures they are to follow if this should occur however in this situation we obviously fell short and for that I do sincerely apologize.

Our priority is not only providing a clean room and great service but the safety and security of our guests. I apologize for your unfavorable experience on this evening.

Please allow us another opportunity to earn your business and demonstrate our hospitality.

I invite you to further correspond with me personally to further discuss your stay. Please correspond through email at i0164@redroof.com or via telephone at (919) 471-9882 ext. 402

Reviewed 13 January 2018

Red Roof Inn Duke University Medical Center in Durhan, NC is minutes away from Duke Hospital as you might surmise, and close to downtown Durham. It is a "no frills" place to lay your head down and spend a night. No free breakfast, weight rooms, microwaves or mini refrigerators, but the excellent price make this a great spot to rest. Clean rooms, clean linens, clean room, (somewhat) comfortable beds, decent TV, free wi-fi and good hot shower are everything that I needed for my stay. I would definitely stay again and recommend it as your "no frills" stopover in Durham.

Room Tip: They have some 1st floor rooms with parking at the door you can request.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Good afternoon Dave H,

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Durham - Duke University Medical Center Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.