All reviews office park front desk staff business park waffles nice hotel large room a great stay workout room pull out couch would stay here again free weights indoor pool the hotel staff hotel is located nice breakfast we've stayed clean rooms
Reviewed 27 March 2017

Our daughter had an early morning flight out the next day and we needed a place close to the airport, so the location and price were great for what we needed. We arrived late in the afternoon to find a crowded lobby and only one person behind the desk. We had to wait a few minutes, but another person came back to answer another guest's question who had been waiting. We had to wait a few minutes to check in, which was no big deal, but it seemed like we were a bother, which should have been a big red flag. We headed up to our room, which was clean and adequate. We decided to head down to the pool, but found it full of kids, jumping and running. Water was coming out from under the door and into the lobby area, making the area by the elevators very slick. So, we went back up and came back a couple of hours later, only to find the same kids having a birthday party and the water was still there all over the floor, only a wet floor sign had been placed in the middle of it. We gave up and went back up to get ready for dinner, thinking that by 9:30, it would be clear. Nope. They were still there and so was the water all over the floor, except it had travelled to the entrance of the elevator. No one seemed too concerned at the front desk. I wish that I could say that it got better from there, but it didn't. We had to be up at 4am and had hoped to get a good sleep, but were continuously awakened by kids running up and down the hallways screaming from about midnight until 1 am, which with the thin doors, was really loud. The beds did sleep good when we were able to sleep. When we left at 5 am, we were greeted with throw up all over the elevator side and door as we got off in the lobby. We told the desk clerk and she said that she knew who did it and was trying to figure out what to do. That same throw up mess would still be there when we came back from dropping our daughter off at the airport an hour later and when we came down at 7 to eat breakfast. It was finally gone when we headed back up to the room at 7:45. The breakfast, was well, lacking, very few options. After staying at the Springhill Suites in Chapel Hill recently and having a nice selection with fresh fruits, meats and breads, this was terrible. The eggs had no flavor, the turkey sausage was dried up and overcooked. They had a few muffins, bread and make your own waffles, which just had whipped cream and syrup for toppings. The seating area is very small, so I had people crowded around the waffle makers at my back as I tried to eat. We thought about trying to give the pool another try, but the same kids were in there again and the water was back. We won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
JimW566, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2017

Dclmom34
Please accept my sincere apology that we let you down during your recent stay at our hotel. It's unfortunate, that the kids kept you awake and not able to utilized the pool/spa area. We pride ourselves on service excellence and it was disappointing that we did not provide the service that you have come to expect with our brand. I truly appreciate your feedback as it will help our management team continue to improve and strive towards providing great service every stay. Your comments have been shared with our leadership team members so we can look for further opportunity and to address the specific feedback you provided

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

Not my favorite Springhill, but it wasn't bad for the price. When I made my reservation on the Marriott app it was for an "Executive Level Suite" but when I arrived I received a room on the second floor. I asked the gentleman at the desk about my room and he informed me that there was no "Executive Level" and that all the rooms were the same. The location is not ideal as there are no shops or restaurants in the immediate vicinity, it's more of a office park location but it is close to I-40. The rooms were spacious with a comfortable bed couch and desk. The breakfast buffet area is small and there wasn't enough seating for everyone, one of the staff did however open up a congress room for guests to dine in. If you're in the area for business or stopping on a road trip this is a good option. Definitely do t recommend for a family or couple looking to dine out and shop.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Miriam S, Event Specialist at SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your recent stay. It is good to hear that you enjoyed the comfort and size of the room. We do have a preferred location and property for business travelers and guests stopping in during a road trip. I feel that we could have helped you more with the dining out and shopping. We are within 5-6 miles of two brand new shopping centers. One is Park West Village and the other is Parkside Town Commons. Each has a large variety of dining and shopping. They are both about 10 minutes from the property. We have a shopping list at the Front Desk for each of these centers if guests need to see what will be offered. We can make recommendations for dining in each of these locations. We do frequently open our Boardroom for breakfast guests that need a place to sit. We try very hard to watch the flow of our guests coming into the lobby. Concerning the Executive Level Suites, they were originally labeled as such when we added in the Keurig coffee makers and other amenities. Initially these upgrades were only offered on the 4th floor. We have since added them into each room. The size and layout of the rooms on the 4th floor are identical to the other floors. We apologize for the unexpected change and hope you would stay with us again. We appreciate your feedback very much.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

Friendly staff.
Room design was not good. After trying to watch television, the ache in my neck was so bad I had to take some Advil. If you sit on the sofa or lay in bed you have to twist your neck to see the TV. The lighting in the bathroom was absolutely terrible. You cannot see to put make up on-day or night. Could hear the people walking in the room above us. Will not stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
JimW566, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2017

It's great to hear you enjoyed the friendly staff at the hotel. Please accept my sincere apology that we let you down during your recent stay at our hotel. In 2017, hotel management team will be working to making the TV easier to view in the rooms and improve the in-suite lighting with LED fixtures. I truly appreciate your feedback as it will help our management team continue to improve and strive towards providing great service every stay.

Reviewed 16 December 2016

Needed a quick stopover en route to flying out the next morning so went with Marriott. I was offered and accepted this hotel. I had previously stayed at Fairfield Inn Brier Creek, a wonderful experience. Tired off the road and a tough project, I had to wait while the front desk clerk took a guest down every side street to get to a restaurant. I grabbed a beer, observed the interior but she kept talking. Finally I interjected and asked if I could check in. No apology, no orientation, no bottled water for being a Marriott Rewards member. Nevertheless, the room and property were standard Marriott clean and quality. Location may be good for those visiting nearby businesses but I prefer the Brier Creek area and professionalism.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
JimW566, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2016

Thank you for your review and for taking the time to provide feedback. Please accept my sincere apology that we let you down during your recent stay at our hotel. We pride ourselves on service excellence and it was disappointing that we did not provide the service that you have come to expect with our brand. I truly appreciate your feedback as it will help our management team continue to improve and strive towards providing great service every stay. Your comments have been shared with our leadership team members so we can look for further opportunity and to address the specific feedback you provided

Reviewed 13 December 2016

We stayed one night. The pool was small but very nice: warm water, 2 colors, exercise room and Jacuzzi. They have free breakfast in the morning - good quality. Also, the hotel is in a business area where there is place to walk, enjoy the nature and the food area.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
JimW566, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide your recent feedback of the hotel. It's good to hear that you enjoyed the hotel facilities, pool, exercise room, spa and the complimentary breakfast provided to our guests. I really appreciate the patronage.