“Good solid food.”
Review of Mez

Mez
Reserve with OpenTable
Mez is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 854 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Slater Road
Transit: Mez is located just steps away from the Triangle Transit Authority's bus stop on the corner of Slater Road and Page Road. We are also within walking distance of the Triangle Transit Authority's new Transfer Station slated to come online in the fall of 2008.
Reviewed 3 October 2018

I had a nice meal at the bar. The steak tacos were excellent. I also ordered a
Queso Flameado appetizer and asked for it to come out first and it came out when I was done with my tacos. The bartender said the kitchen was slammed. However, and this is important, the bartender said she would comp the queso since it was out late and was very helpful. So I really have to give kudos for great customer service and I would come back because of this (and the steak tacos were excellent!!).

Reviewed 27 September 2018

Quite interesting menu items. There were a few of the standard Mexican dishes but other items had interesting sauces and preparations. Good and attentive service, reasonably priced. I'll be back!

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

I have been to Mez several times in the past few months and each time have had exceptional service and food. Last trip I ordered the Ribeye. Perfectly cooked and full of flavor. Another massively tasty treat is the Pork shank with risotto. Recommend if you are in the area traveling as alternative to hotel food for sure.

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Lots of vegan options! Great service!!
Our experience was really incredible. My best friend and I are vegan and Kelly took really good care of us ensuring we got the best food. The portobello mushroom fajitas were delicious as well as the guacamole and maduros that we ordered for appetizer. We also had Watermelon Margaritas and we enjoyed them a lot. Shoutout to Eli Mcclam for his great service too- we met him before the restaurant opened and he delightfully greeted us when we came back for dinner.

Reviewed 19 September 2018

Excruciatingly loud was the fatal and overwhelming observation by us. Conversing at a normal level was impossible, and our ears hurt when we left. The Mez is an attractive facility but the walls, ceilings, and floors reflect/amplify/repeat all sounds. The service was quite prompt and fine, (i.e., seating, ordering, and receiving our meals - no complaints there). The chile relleno ($16) was unusual: little cheese but lots of corn. The spinach enchiladas ($13) were tasty. One had to pay for chips and salsa (usually free elsewhere). Other diners were obviously enjoying themselves, but we felt as we were eating in the middle of a busy (and very loud) train station; we won't return in the evening.