“Good but not great.”
Review of City Barbeque

City Barbeque
Ranked #74 of 803 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Description: The idea for City Barbeque was born as an invitation to all the people in the city to enjoy great barbeque- America's food. Our award-winning barbeque is made with only the highest quality meats and served with our signature sauces on the side. Huge smokers are loaded daily to guarantee the very best hickory smoked, juicy, tender meat anywhere. So if an authentic barbeque experience is what you're after, look no further. Small groups of folks like us still believe in honoring quality, generations of tradition and true service. Whether you call it barbecue, Bar-B-Que, BBQ, or barbeque - we've got what you are looking for!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Nothing fancy here. You order your food up front and then they call your name to pick it up. I had the sampler. They ran out of turkey so they gave me some more brisket. Brisket was soft and flavorful. The pulled pork was dry. The sausage was good. The baked beans side was delish while the green beans were horrible.

My son had the ribs which were huge but were not as flavorful as we hoped. The total for two was $38. No tip because no server. Lots of sauces to choose from. My son called this fast food bbq.

Tip: nothing for a pescatarian or vegetarian to eat.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

If you are a fan of smoked pork, chicken or ribs, I highly recommend City BBQ. Our meal was outstanding along with the helpful and prompt service. The collard greens were some of the best I have ever eaten. The noise level was very low and the atmosphere was pleasant. Enjoy!

Reviewed 15 January 2018

BBQ is very good and fresh. Side items taste well and hot. Pulled chicken is my favorite. Staff members are fast and friendly To go-orders are packed neatly into paperbag.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

This VT girl was told she had to have “real” BBQ. City Barbecue didn’t not let me down. They hooked us up with a selection of southern goodness. Bringing back some delicious sauce to VT. Will be sending back some VT Maple Syrup to this great group of employees. Thank you for making my 1st BBQ experience epic.

Jordan F, Guest Relations Manager at City Barbeque, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

You're awesome! Thank you for visiting us, and we look forward to that maple syrup! :)

Reviewed 28 November 2017

The smoked turkey is a great healthy option if you get it without the bun "naked". I've had most of their meats (chicken, brisket, ribs, pulled pork, pulled chicken) and they are all great. The sides are good too, and my go-to is the greens with pork.