“Lovely”

Ranked #1 of 2 Dunn B&B and Inns
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Lovely”
Reviewed 11 October 2011

My stay at this property was pre-arranged by someone else....but what a delightful surprise I experienced during my stay! Carmen and Rob were gracious, warm and inviting. The architecture of the home was classic and fully restored without distruption to the original character of the home. I absolutely recommend this property as not only a must see but a must stay!

Room Tip: Ask which room(s) have a recliner versus chairs, if you want to recline. Due to the age of the home...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Durham
Reviewed 9 October 2011

The Simply Divine Bed & Breakfast is a true diamond hidden in... a truly "quirky" town. My girlfriend has made me delete four different descriptions of Dunn, NC. A town so lively, the fabric store is listed as an attraction on the tourism page. Not the number one attraction, mind you. But it's still there, nonetheless.

So yeah, Dunn.

But the Simply Divine Bed & Breakfast was genuinely one of the most "pleasant" and "relaxing" bed and breakfasts we've stayed in. The words in quotes are my girlfriend's. I happen to agree with her.

The house itself - we were told more than 100 years old - is open, light and airy. The large entry hall flows into large sitting and dining rooms. The guest rooms - subtly themed after colors, rather than something more obtrustive - are well furnished and spacious. The hosts were attentive, and the breakfast was a fine combination of pastry, fruit and breakfast casserole dishes.

Highly recommended if you're taking a day trip anywhere near Fayetteville. Because as little as there is to do in Dunn (although I'd sincerely recommend a trip to Sunrise Antiques - they have a deer head mounted along with its legs, for God's sake), it's still better than spending a night in Fayetteville.

Room Tip: Stayed in the Topaz room. I'd recommend it.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed 8 October 2011

We stayed for one night on October 5th. This was a half-way stopping point between Fredericksburg, Va and Savannah, GA. I had a nice conversation with Rob on the phone to make the reservation. We didn't get to meet Rob, only lovely Carmen, his wife, was there when we checked in. She was absolutely charming and down-to-earth. This is a very lovely older home and our room (the Ruby) was very large, clean, and comfortable. It's too bad that the few negative reviewers didn't understand that most B & B's are not new buildings. If you want new, stay at a Holiday Inn Express. The furniture is old....thus they are called ANTIQUES. Carmen went out of her way to make us feel at home....even offering to carry heavy luggage upstairs since Rob wasn't there. Our breakfast was very good and served at 7:00 a.m. as requested. My only regret was that we didn't ask about having dinner at the Inn. Based on the breakfast, I have to believe it would have been terrific, and will certainly do that the next time. I can assure you, not all Innkeepers are as accommodating as Carmen. We had just stayed at another B & B in New Jersey and they set their own time for everything and if you didn't like it....too bad. You won't be sorry if you stay here. Carmen and Rob will make you feel very welcome.

Room Tip: The staircase is wide, so going upstairs is easy to navigate. We really enjoyed the "Ruby"...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Carlisle, PA
Reviewed 1 October 2011

We spent a night here on the way south. I preordered the dinner which was fresh, tasty, and meant that after an 8 hour drive we could avoid the road again and the chain restaurants. It was very much the right choice. This home is beautiful, the innkeeper warm and welcoming, and the grits casserole alowed us to try a dish we were unfamiliar with - a new twist on grits.

• Stayed September 2011
Nokomis, Florida
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Simply Divine is run by Carmen and Rob Forrester. This bed and breakfast is what it is called - "simply divine". It is situated away from the highway and in a beautiful residential neighborhood. The rooms are large, beautifully furnished, and downstairs is a group of small sitting rooms and a beautiful dinning room where breakfast is served.
I have been staying in the Coral Room with my schnauzer Chloe every time I stay there and I'm always greeted as a member of the family. Both Carmen and Rob are warm, wonderful hosts that cater to your every need.
The guest house has beautiful manicured and landscaped grounds and a beautiful swimming pool in back. It is quiet and relaxing.
Their breakfasts are wonderfully satisfying and you have a choice of several things that will be prepared to your liking.
I look forward to staying here every time I travel north and south. Florence Wildner.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank wildrio
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunn
1.5 km away
1.6 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Dunn
20.6 km away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lillington

Been to Simply Divine Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!