“Great smoothies to quench your thirst!”
Review of The Juice Jar

The Juice Jar
Ranked #5 of 6 Quick Bites in Corolla
Description: The juice jar is an organic juice bar and eatery, serving smoothies, juices, acai bowls, and healthy foods, we grow some of the ingredients in our garden.
Reviewed 6 July 2018

We stopped by the Juice Jar after kayaking in Corolla. They have a good selection of smoothies. We tried two different ones and they both were excellent. Other items on the menu (such as bowls) sounded great, but we really wanted smoothies after a hot day in the sun.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

I love this place. Everything on the menu is fresh, authentic, and absolutely delicious. The Juice Jar is located in the historic district in a small cottage like structure. It is adorable; cute and quaint, this place is straight out of a movie. The Juice Jar does not have any indoor seating, but outside you will find several chairs and a few picnic tables. The menu features smoothies, açaí bowls, breakfast wraps, and juices. I have never tried the breakfast wraps, but I’m sure they are delicious as everything else on the menu is great. My personal favorite thing to order is the “peace bowl”. It is one of their amazing açaí bowls. They also usually feature whatever fresh fruits they recently received, I enjoyed fresh peach. Oh, and did I mention everything is organic?! The staff is friendly and the food is fresh, healthy, and wholesome. I’m not going to lie, this place is expensive. An açaí bowl is ten dollars, but it is totally worth the cost. Fresh organic fruits don’t come cheap. For the quality you receive from every bite of food you consume at the Juice Jar, the price is completely justified. Fresh, delicious, organic, and nutritious; The Juice Jar is all of the above and more.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 30 June 2018

Other members of my family have gone here multiple times over the past few years on our visits, not having many complaints but not having a lot of great things to say either. I decided to give it a try this year, and I will probably never be going back. I have no complaints about the place or seating itself, but location is quite hidden. There were a lot of people there. The menu is definitely not for everyone- only a few options. Many in our group were dissatisfied, expecting a wider variety. Not to mention expensive! By far the most expensive breakfast I have ever had, small portions, hardly worth it. To recap my experience, my family and I were waiting to order, standing right in front of our window, when a group of 14 women and children from the yoga class cut in front of us. At first I was confused, not knowing what to do, assuming that my unfamiliarity with the place had caused me to not realize that they had been ahead of me the entire time. We stayed back and let them order, and the rest of my family informed me angrily that they were not before us and in fact had cut the line. The fact that a group of 14 would do that is beyond me. The workers there were nice, which helped a bit as I paid for my overpriced meal. Getting the meal itself took a solid 30 minutes. Half of our groups order didn't come out until 50 minutes later! It was obvious they had forgotten it but they tried to act as if they didn't. This place is entirely outdoors so sweating away in the OBX heat for nearly an hour waiting for our food was NOT fun. I realize that not all my issues with this place are due to the Juice Jar itself, but everything added up to a very non pleasurable experience for mediocre food. I will not be returning.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Nicole J
Reviewed 14 October 2017

This place was very nice, The people who made our juices we really great. There was a good selection to pick from. It was so good we made sure we stopped to get our juice fix before we left to go home. So refreshing. A must to visit.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 9 September 2017

I enjoyed the Prana smoothie and nor'easter acai bowl. Staff and environment were chill. I went several times during my week stay. One day it was closed which made me sad that I didn't get my juice jar fix. I'll be back again.

Date of visit: September 2017