“Excellent Sushi at a good price!”
Review of Chef Thai & Sushi Bar - CLOSED

Chef Thai & Sushi Bar
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 3 June 2017

We ate here for lunch on a Saturday and ordered 4 of the large sushi rolls. They were excellent and only $10 each. The service was friendly. My only negative comment is that our sushi took 45 minutes and it was not busy. It was fine for a Saturday when we could take our time but I would worry about going there during a lunch break from work if I was ordering sushi. The menu has an excellent selection of Thai and sushi.

Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

Trip advisor wins again! Looking for somewhere new to eat and and checked TA. Wow this is a hidden gem. Drunken noodles were amazing. Portions were huge. The chef Thai egg rolls were fabulous too. Great prices as well. Good was fresh and came out hot!

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

Wow! I stumbled across this place on my way to an appointment and it blew me away. This is only the second time I've eaten Thai food so I don't know if it's authentic or not, but it sure is good.

When I came lunch, I had the Pad Woom Sen with shrimp. The shrimp were so fresh, cooked perfectly and there were plenty of them, unlike most restaurants that throw in just enough to make a dish qualify as a shrimp dish. (I've had as few as 4 before in an entree.) The lunch dishes come with a spring roll and some sort of soup. The spring rolls both times I've had them were really crisp and delicious, not greasy. Their soup was tasty, as well. And my entree was so big that I had enough to take home for another meal. Best of all, it only cost me $11.66 for lunch. You can barely get a hamburger for that! When I went for dinner with my husband, I ordered the same thing I'd had for lunch on my previous visit and he got a mixed vegetable dish with chicken. He didn't care for it because he didn't like the spices in it. I recognized the flavor from Vietnamese food I've eaten while in Da Nang, Hoi An & Hûe and it's a very distinct flavor that people either really like or really don't like. But even though he didn't care for the spice in the dish, he commented on the freshness of the vegetables and how light and clean the food was and said he'd like to try a different dish at another time. He said the spring rolls were so amazing and the quality of the food was so impressive that he'd like to give it another go sometime. They will also spice your dish according to your liking on a scale from 1 to 5 and I like spicy food, but a 2 is enough for me, so keep that in mind the first time you go. We also brought an entree home for my daughter (I can't remember the names of their dishes...sorry) and she loved it. She doesn't like spicy foods at all and they accommodated the dish to suit her.

The restaurant is pleasant, with an Asian decor and oriental music playing. It is clean and the servers both times I've gone were courteous and attentive. If you ask for chili sauce, they will bring a little tray with different sauces of varying heat. One of the jars had a powder that I'm assuming was a chili powder, but I wasn't brave enough to try it. The only thing about the restaurant itself that I didn't like was that it is terribly hot -- I guess they don't use the air very often -- which isn't very pleasant if you're experiencing hot flashes like I do. The time my husband and I went for dinner, I was sweating the whole time and it wasn't from the spice in the food, it was because it was about 75 degrees in the restaurant.

It is reasonably priced for both lunch and dinner. You certainly get more than you pay for, too. Both the lunch entrees and the dinner entrees are more than enough for two meals.

We will definitely be returning to this place for take-out. But I'm not sure I can take the heat long enough to sit down and eat inside.

Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

Delicous, priced well and good service. I had the Sassy Girl.....sooo good. My son enjoyed it also and it was close to the highway. The serving size was generous.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

House red curry was highlight. Sushi well made and a good value. Good service and attention to detail. You won't be disappointed.