“One hour ride”

Smokemont Riding Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Smokemont Riding Stables is located within the Great Smoky Mountains National Park just off US 441, 6 miles north of Cherokee, North Carolina. We offer guided horseback riding trips from one hour to 4 hours long. Each ride is unique and may feature river crossing or waterfall views. We also have a horse drawn wagon ride that goes along the Oconaluftee River on the historic turnpike road.
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I took the one hour ride and had a great time. We went in April and the weather was beautiful. Both of us are fairly inexperienced but we got a good explanation beforehand and felt very comfortable. We really enjoyed this guided horseback ride and would recommended it!

1  Thank kdeezy01
Elizabeth C, Owner at Smokemont Riding Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Thank you for your review and choosing to ride with us!

All reviews
"longer ride"
in 6 reviews
"experienced riders"
in 10 reviews
"highly recommend this stable"
in 4 reviews
in 224 reviews
"sonny"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 10 April 2018

We visited the Cherokee Village and luckily spotted this place on our way back into Gatlinburg, TN. I wasn't sure what to expect to I'm so glad we visited and rode the horses! This was my favorite event of the whole week we were visiting! We rode for an hour up the mountain and also go to travel through a river. The people were amazing. They told you your horses name and explained to what to do while you were riding. The man running the front shack even gave me detailed instructions with a map about the best places to find waterfalls on the trails. I couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Elizabeth C, Owner at Smokemont Riding Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you for your review and choosing to ride with us. We are glad that you had a good time!

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

I had such a great time, I had to come back. So I did two guided tours and loved every second of it. The guides were very kind and professional. The horses calm and patient. If I would have stayed a day longer I would have done the 4 hours trip also.
Thanks to all of you, you’re doing a great job!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We absolutely loved this ride. We arrived before the noon ride without reservations and were lucky that 2 spots were open for the 2 1/2 hour ride. They were able to accommodate my stepdaughter who was in a walking boot. We were asked our experience with riding and horses were assigned based on skill level and age. We were give a brief orientation about horse safety and what to expect on the trail. Those that were unfamiliar with horses were given specific time instructions on how to control the horse.
We mounted individually off a platform and proceeded down a well groomed trail with a few hills and several small wooden bridges that cross a stream several times. The scenery was beautiful as we rode along the stream that eventually led to a waterfall. We dismounted and spent some time there and remounted using a platform and returned on the same trail with one short variation.
The horses seemed healthy and well cared for and the employees were very friendly and knowledgeable.

Thank you for your review. We are glad ya'll loved the ride!