All reviews mingo falls great campground camping trip trout fishing retaining wall travel trailer the nearest grocery store river access nice playground camp store rented tubes family vacation stayed nights cherokee area bath house coffee pot the staff was friendly and helpful
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We visited in April and it rained the whole time...and there are NO REFUNDS for bad weather, but our 8 person cabin rental (for 4) was very nice and clean. We stayed in cabin 47 designated for pets and it was very nice. We DID have a problem with ants in the loft and my teens didn't like that one bit, but guess things like that happen with nature. They lent us a can of ant spray to use. The worst thing is there is NO CELLPHONE SERVICE there! There IS internet service, but they didn't give us or even offer us, a passcode so we could use it. When I went to the office it was closed! (it closes at 6pm) How was someone supposed to get a hold of us in case of an emergency, if the office is closed? The following day, I was holding my 4 pound puppy when I went started to walk into the office to get a passcode and the lady literally screamed at me that I wasn't allowed to bring my dog into the store! (it wasn't like I could've 'called' them for the passcode) Geeze, the pup was probably cleaner than her! (and I was paying extra for the pup to be there) They need access to the office 24/7 in a place like that. If they are going to charge hotel rates, they should act like one. May return when it's warmer, very picturesque.

Room Tip: check the website for a site map
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Halobabe99
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Yogis is ok as long as you dont have a problem. The staff is rude and uncaring. They really do not like children and should not be in a business that deals with children. The area is nice but the KOA campsite right next door has more to offer and charges less. The office left early forcing us to drive 20 miles to get supplies. They promised WI-Fi and there was not any available. They had contruction going on and cut down trees at 8 am so much for a peaceful vacation.

Room Tip: Only camp here if you have a small tent as the sites are too small to have a fire and a 6-8 person tent.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank maryam9037
Reviewed 1 December 2011

This was our first camping trip to Yogi and we enjoyed it. We arrived on Saturday and stayed til Monday. There weren't too many people there so we virtually had the whole place to ourselves. Our site was right along the river. Very peaceful. Did some trout fishing which is great in the area. The bathrooms are fairly new where we stayed and really clean. They are completely enclosed and are only for one person at a time so there is plenty of privacy.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SAHTN
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Stayed here during our summer vacation trip, 5 states, in 5 weeks. Love the campground, the workcampers that helped the kids in the crafts pavillion were fantastic! The full time workers in the office were cold, rude, and terrible inefficient. Other than that we had a great time, the tubing down the river was fun. Cherokee is about 7 miles down a narrow road, so don't expect it to be next door.

Room Tip: the cabins looked ok but I think they were pretty pricey.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank RickO1955
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We enjoy staying at Yogi's in the Smokies every year! Beth and the staff are always great and friendly! Our kids are older but we all enjoy the campground! Peaceful, quiet, relaxing. Ranger riverside cabins 102 and 103 are where we stay and love the decks overhanging the river! Always look forward to vacation every year at Yogi's!!!

• Stayed: June 2011