“Yum tonkatsu ramen noodles”
Review of Futo Buta

Futo Buta
Ranked #89 of 2,474 Restaurants in Charlotte
Reviewed 19 May 2016

Next to pho if i have the extra bread, this is My go to place during the cold days and salute satisfaction granted for my crave of japanese ramen at it's closest authentic taste ,no matter how small the space ("not for you, if you are not the sociable type for there are limited seats that you only get to share with random ramen eaters :-),p.s if u're big couple like us,try to visit the place earlier than lunch or dinner time during winter but on summer they have patio seating to accomodate you ") it is a bit expensive for the ramen, but this is their highlight commodity so I will sure keep on coming back as i love the way they make their noodles, also try their softserve greentea swirled with little honey hmmm it will cleanse my oily cardiac tonkotsu ramen but whatever ,i still love that ramen. The fried tofu as an appetizer is also delich with the spice you add on it. This place is accessible to uptown lightrail via south.

1  Thank Demzy

Reviewed 11 May 2016

Short and simple. Nice place, Tonkotsu ramen was good, pork bao was good and good service. Would come again.

1  Thank NinaLT336
Reviewed 25 April 2016

Well... they are right on the light rail Blue Line which gives the patio a fun urban vibe. The ramen dishes are good, however, my husband and I truly enjoy the appetizers. The crispy rice cakes with raw tuna is our favorite and we order it every time. We will definitely have to try more of the menu items.

1  Thank JoniSBrown
Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

Arrived with our 7 year old and began well. Couldn't figure out where to park and we called. The man who answered gave wonderful detailed instructions for parking and how to find the restaurant. This is one of the highlights.

We ordered 3 apps and 2 ramen to share. The Brussel sprouts were delicious and messy. The rice crispy squares with tuna was also very good though a bit too much salt. The tori Kara , Japanese fried chicken was also tasty. All three apps had enjoyable flavors though all three had a heavy salt hand.

The ramen was not good. Both flavors had no taste beyond salt , very one note. We finished all the apps and barely dented the ramen.

The sever asked us about boxing it up. When we shared our dislike, her response was- oh, sorry.

Then we received the bill. Definitely was not worth the value of what we paid.
Average joe meets salty boredom in food was my family's opinion.

So many other choices we'd rather have to eat.

Reviewed 4 April 2016

I have been twice to Futo Buta and every time I do not walk away disappointed. Their pork is so good! Pretty good beer selection, good sake selection if that's your thing and portions are generous without being too much. Definitely a cool new place in South End!

1  Thank michael_van_blarcom