“Nice Surprise Near Ballantyne Resort”

Jade Asian Fusion Sushi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Jade Asian Fusion Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #551 of 2,731 Restaurants in Charlotte
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Across from Ballantyne Resort
Reviewed 8 November 2017

We were looking for some different food after eating a couple of nights at our resort. We had the lettuce cups, pad thai and General Tso chicken (which I never order because it's batter fried, but this one wasn't). They were all delicious, fresh and pleasantly presented. The service was very good and atmosphere was fine--modern, but nothing special. I will definitely return if I'm in the area again.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Our daughter recommended Jade as her and friends dine there frequently. We took our son to celebrate his 24th birthday, we had the whole clan there as well. The decor and ambience is above average, we enjoyed the views of the village. The food was of average quality, my wife ordered an avocado salad as a starter, tons of old iceberg lettuce with a sparse amount of leafy greens and 3 small cherry tomatoes with stale croutons. I had the squid salad which was overly strong in fish flavor, too much seaweed and fish sauce I would guess. The sushi was of of average grade, this was a Monday night and my guess is they go to market on Tuesday. The service was good, with the exception of my grandsons meal not turned in for prep, our server Daniel was honest about it and removed it from the bill voluntarily.
I rated it a 3 overall, probably will not return.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 27 March 2017

Went in with my family tonight and walked out before the appetizers came!

Right above the hostess stand, I saw that 90% health grade hanging on the wall (if you don't know, 90% is SUPER LOW!). At that point, everyone was coming and it would have been too difficult to have everyone change restaurants at this point so I said screw it and went for it. I just wasn't going to order any sushi, that's for damn sure haha!

We sat down in the completely empty restaurant and my brother ordered a hot tea and we ordered a couple appetizers. His tea came in a completely disgusting cup that was covered in dirt and grime which he did not realize until he poured his second glass. So much grime that he wiped his finger across the inside of the cup and a very noticeable amount of black dirt was on his finger.

I then looked at the stack of small plates that were put out for the appetizer. They were all covered in a brown goo.

Needless to say, we walked out before they were able to say anything.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Husband and I are spending the weekend in Charlotte and chose Jade because it's close to our hotel and had good online reviews. The food was yummy - we ordered two delicious appetizers - spicy tuna tartare and duck Breast. Really flavorful and polar opposites. They have a sake list - and we ordered dreamy cloud cold sake! It was smooth and creamy - and sneaks up on you! We ordered way way too much sushi - the fish was fresh and clean. We really enjoyed it. The service was slow. It was towards the end of the evening and we really felt like an after thought - perhaps they were understaffed - but it was unfortunate because it detracted from a really enjoyable meal.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

This is a great location. The food is always great and good service. The bar tender is fantastic. We lent him pick our wines two bottles and also customized our food. Overall an amazing experience

Date of visit: October 2016