“Nigiri-zushi in Charlotte!!”
Review of Baku

Baku
Reserve with OpenTable
Baku is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #214 of 2,456 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2015

I had a guest from SF and wanted to impress her with Japanese sushi. I have heard about this place a number of times since moving here, and chanced that it would meet her expectations.....it did.

Anything off the menu is good, but also try the different types of rolls (alaskan and spicy tuna were the ones we had....the latter being spicy!)

Parking is a bit crowded, but there is valet.

Reviewed 17 July 2015

Overall, this place is phenomenal when it comes to the food and service! Likely considered Japanese Fusion in a "sharing" or tapas atmosphere.

The food was outstanding from the edamame to the calamari (best I've had in quite some time) to the sushi. But most impressive was the Wagyu beef...expensive, but well worth it! The food truly was tremendous, however, we found the veggies to be somewhat lacking in taste and seasonings (brussels sprouts and asparagus).

Most disappointing, however, was the fact that a restaurant of this caliber, not to mention price range, was out of several offerings at the bar. My wife we really looking forward to a specialty martini and they were out of the liquor. We ordered two bottles of nice, fairly common wine (there were 4 of us) and were told we had the last of each bottle. We were there on a Thursday night, not a Sunday or Monday. Upon expressing our concern to the wait staff, we were advised this was not uncommon...even on the weekend nights. Not sure how this happens, but frankly unacceptable for a restaurant in this category...certainly doesn't happen at similar establishments.

This aside, I do recumbent Baku, but be weary of the bar menu and what might not be available.

Reviewed 13 July 2015 via mobile

Wow you have to visit this restaurant when in Charlotte! I tried two dishes; the calamari and the cod. The lightly battered calamari was so fresh and tender not chewy. And the cod melts in you mouth! This was not my first visit and will definitely not be my last! Check out the fabulous cocktails too!

Reviewed 13 July 2015 via mobile

I had dinner there last night to celebrate my birthday with my husband and son. We found the food to be very tasty, but a bit on the pricey side. The handmade sushi rolls were very good, especially if you are a sushi fan. The tuna rolls were my favorite. I will definitely be returning again.

Reviewed 7 July 2015

This restaurant caters to your preferences and overall experience eating Japanese Tapas. The wait staff are well versed with the menu and offer quality recommendations. The food is cooked to perfection and the bold flavors complete this unique experience. Definitely recommend getting a bottle of Sake to compliment your meal.