“Delicious ”

La'wan's Soul Food Restaurant
Ranked #237 of 2,684 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Being new in town, we tried this restaurant at the suggestion of some friends. We were very pleased with our choices. We now have this and Nana’s in our list of two soul food restaurants.

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

My family member ordered the veggie plate and I ordered the buffet. The chicken and fish were seasoned well, ribs were tender and the barbecue sauce delicious. There were several options to choose from including other meat options, salad bar, pasta salads, starches, vegetables and dessert. The staff was kind...I felt welcomed, left full and would recommend to others!

Reviewed 16 May 2018

We wanted food that would be uniquely North Carolina (during our last visit we eaten at national chain restaurants - same as home in Arizona). This was worth the trip. Great tasting chicken livers, gizzards and wings. The side dishes were very tasty with the cabbage and the mac and cheese worth special mention. The sweet tea was a must, though I switched to regular tea after the first glass. There was no skimping on the amount of food and we had plenty to take back to the hotel. My wife and her sisters truly enjoyed the variety. I would recommend this place to anyone who misses the "down home cooking" where they live. It wasn't as good as Mom's, but for a restaurant, it hit the spot.

2  Thank William M
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

If you want great tasting soul food and Mamma's touch buffet, with plenty of choices. Then LaWan's is the restaurant to visit. Do not anticipate formal dining, because this is not the place for it, but expect great tasting food, ample seconds and thirds for those with an appetite.
A great friendly atmosphere afternoon or early evening. My frequent choice is the baked chicken which falls off the bone so easily.
LaWan's is a great choice for a inexpensive relaxed, down to earth, casual, non- showoff date, or even a lunch spot with coworkers.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

During my recent visit to Charlotte, I went on a search for the best soul food. After trying several restaurants this was my favorite. I had fried fish, Mac and cabbage. The restaurant is not fancy but staff and food gave a at home atmosphere.