“Great Food Great Service ”

Nakato Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #431 of 2,627 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

Went toward the end of the night on this past Sunday and although we did not get the FULL grill experience because of how late we arrived, the food was served hot and quick. Although I personally am not the biggest fan of Japanese food, if family suggested or inquired, I would not hesitate to return to Nakato's.

Reviewed 6 February 2016

Five couples went to dinner there had a nice enough dinner but when reviewing our bill later we notice and two other couple noticed we were charged for extra drinks that we did not have. So innocent me called there today when they opened and Nancy answered the phone and she took down all the information and said she would talk with our server Shelley. Nancy called back and said she we drank those drinks charged......NO WE DIDN'T. I WILL OF COURSE PAY THOSE CHARGES BUT BUYER BEWARE ......THIS PLACE CHARGES FOR BEVERAGES YOU DIDN'T EVEN GET AT $7.00 A DRINK WHICH CONSISTED OF A HALF OF A GLASS OF ICE DOESN'T SEEM QUITE RIGHT. WILL NEVER TAKE MY FRIENDS THEY AGAIN. WE ARE ALL 65 AND OLDER SO NOT LIKE WE ARE TRYING TO TAKE ADVANTAGE FOR SURE.

Reviewed 31 December 2015

Was pleasantly surprised when our friends picked Natato for a dinner date. The food was very good and you got plenty of it. I got the shrimp and chicken with fried rice (get the fried rice its so much better) we also got some sushi (volcano) and I found it tasty as well. I overall loved my meal and very much look forward to going back.

Reviewed 27 November 2015

We had 8 for dinner including 2 youngsters. The restaurant was very busy but the service was good, the chef was entertaining and everyone raved about their dinner. You get plenty of fresh, tasty, cooked before your eyes food. Would definitely go back again. Even if you are seated at the hibachi table you are not limited to only the hibachi entrees. Their sushi is some of the best.

Reviewed 4 November 2015

We took our family there on a busy Friday night. We expected a busy atmosphere and we weren't fooled. We had reservations and were seated at the correct time. Very impressed with the timeliness considering the number of people there. The entire evening was very nice. The chef was funny and he prepared a wonderful meal. All 5 of us left full and happy with the evening. Total price for the 5 of us was around $120 plus tip. Not bad for a nice evening out. Give it a try. Do call for reservations, however.

Been to Nakato Japanese Restaurant? Share your experiences!