“Very Good but LOUD”

Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located near Regal Stonecrest at Piper Glen Stadium 22 in StoneCrest Shopping Center. We offer authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for Bar Bite specials Monday thru Friday 4PM - 6:30PM and Saturday & Sunday 11AM - 5PM in the FIREBAR(R) and on the Patio. Enjoy Happy Hour drink specials all day Wednesday. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Visit us online to learn more.
Reviewed 15 August 2018

Food, servers, ambience all very good, but this place is really LOUD. We are older but with reasonably good hearing, but we could hardly carry on a conversation. Perhaps there are quieter parts of the restaurant. We will try for that if we ever go again.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

Although this place is very impressive from the outside, sitting alone in the corner of a beautiful tree filled parking lot, and even more "blow you away" impressive on the inside, it turns out to be, for the price - just ok.

It's a beautiful restaurant with a large dinning hall and high impressive ceiling. The lighting is just right, table are not too close, although our booth was tight, this place sets the tone up front, or at least tries too.

The hostesses were very kind and professional and we only had to wait a few moments despite the place looking full. We sat at the front bar where bartenders were quick to assist. The "Old Fashion" I ordered was offered with either bourbon or whiskey and was delicious - nice. My friend had a Bloody Mary which was really just ordinary and barely tasted of alcohol - not so nice.

Before we were able to take but one or two sips our table was ready. The hostess escorted us in and we were quickly greeted by a nice young lady who was surprisingly sloppy and very casually dressed... strange for such a nice place. Other servers seemed better put together.

We were seated at a small booth yet not offered our choice of tables even with several open.

For our appetizer we ordered a lobster dip and chips. A large serving of colored corn-chips were brought to our table. OUTSTANDING - I am guessing they are made and cooked right on sight ! We

My friend had the NY Strip with fries. He had nothing good or bad to say although I found the meat dry and simple with few spices or flavor certainly nothing to brag about. His fries were delicious but we came for the steaks.

I ordered the Kobe Beef Meatloaf with green beans, and a side order of Southwestern Au-Gratin Potatoes. The meatloaf was moist and delicious, more than I expected and I was eager to take a bit home to have later. The green beans topped with pecans were fresh and crunchy - near perfect. The potatoes however lacked any semblance of a Southwestern flavor or style and were clearly microwaved entirely too long to the point of scolding. I had to basically wait for them to cool nearly to the end of my meal to eat them - not good. Both plates were served very plain with no flare at all.

We had a coke and ice-tea, both simple and good. I did however order a second "Old Fashion" and ask the waitress to have the bartender up front to make it again as the first was delicious. That I did not get... my second drink was lacking any fruit toppings which is standard for the OF, weak with the alcohol at best, and not enjoyable to the point of only finishing half. Oh well...

We carried our leftovers home in unnecessarily large bags meant to impress and clearly our food was simply scrapped off the plate into the carry-out case with no concern for they way it looked at home or held up on the journey home.

All my restaurant visits include a bathroom visit as I suspect if they bathroom is clean then most of the place is. This one was clean and ok.

Although the place is large, impressive, nicely decorated - adding to your dinning experience - the first reason I go to a restaurant is to eat, not look around a pretty dinning hall.

Will I go back, most likely not. Would I recommend it, sure - if there was no other option.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

Very good service and excellent food. Definitely recommend reservations as it was packed on a Thursday night. The food was fresh - corn fresh from the cob - slaw - mango habanero chutney - all so good. The big daddy chocolate cake is amazing.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

I made reservations for my family of five at 5:45 during the week. When we arrived it was not so busy, and I had thought we didn't need reservations. My children ordered a burger, ribs, and a burger. I had a steak and my wife ordered scallops. We also ordered the onion rings and the crab cakes for appetizers. The server was very friendly, helpful with questions, and promptly took our orders. The food was delivered quickly. We could tell the food was not frozen, didn't come prepared, and was fresh. Simply it was delicious. For desert we ordered the big daddy chocolate cake - holy cow - it was to die for. I was very impressed with the food and the service, and am planning on returning. Highly recommend.
When we left - the place was packed - and lots of people waiting for a table. Definitely call ahead for reservations.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

Certainly not a bad place to eat, but nothing special about it. Food was good, but far from great - even though the prices were higher than one would expect for this type of eatery. Very noisy; hindered our conversations. Wine mark-up was a bit excessive, too. Our server - Jess - was very good!

Date of visit: July 2018
Firebirdsgrill, Guest Relations Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear Ken1776,
Thank you for the valuable feedback regarding your recent visit to our StoneCrest location. I'm so happy to hear that Jess was a very good server but I'm sorry that we did not exceed your overall expectations with the food, wine and price point. I will share your comments with our management team. We hope that you will give us another try soon.