“It was so good”

Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located near Regal Stonecrest at Piper Glen Stadium 22 in StoneCrest Shopping Center. We offer authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for Bar Bite specials Monday thru Friday 4PM - 6:30PM and Saturday & Sunday 11AM - 5PM in the FIREBAR(R) and on the Patio. Enjoy Happy Hour drink specials all day Wednesday. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Visit us online to learn more.
Reviewed 3 August 2018

Very good service and excellent food. Definitely recommend reservations as it was packed on a Thursday night. The food was fresh - corn fresh from the cob - slaw - mango habanero chutney - all so good. The big daddy chocolate cake is amazing.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

I made reservations for my family of five at 5:45 during the week. When we arrived it was not so busy, and I had thought we didn't need reservations. My children ordered a burger, ribs, and a burger. I had a steak and my wife ordered scallops. We also ordered the onion rings and the crab cakes for appetizers. The server was very friendly, helpful with questions, and promptly took our orders. The food was delivered quickly. We could tell the food was not frozen, didn't come prepared, and was fresh. Simply it was delicious. For desert we ordered the big daddy chocolate cake - holy cow - it was to die for. I was very impressed with the food and the service, and am planning on returning. Highly recommend.
When we left - the place was packed - and lots of people waiting for a table. Definitely call ahead for reservations.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

Certainly not a bad place to eat, but nothing special about it. Food was good, but far from great - even though the prices were higher than one would expect for this type of eatery. Very noisy; hindered our conversations. Wine mark-up was a bit excessive, too. Our server - Jess - was very good!

Firebirdsgrill, Guest Relations Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear Ken1776,
Thank you for the valuable feedback regarding your recent visit to our StoneCrest location. I'm so happy to hear that Jess was a very good server but I'm sorry that we did not exceed your overall expectations with the food, wine and price point. I will share your comments with our management team. We hope that you will give us another try soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

We visit this Firebirds often. The Salmon salad and the Tenderloin salad are AWESOME!!! Service is good, and servers are very knowledgeable. Have also had the Prime Rib and would recommend to anyone. Great Times. Enjoy!!!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Met at Firebirds for a business lunch and immediately got the over-extended "Hi I'm going to be your server....." We could have stood for a lot less talk.

Having said that, I ordered the BLT salad and plain baked potato. The BLT salad was 99% iceberg lettuce, bacon crumbles and I think I spotted a few tomato slices hiding under the lettuce.Both I and one of our guests had to wait a good while (over 5 minutes after being served) for our dressing and sauce. The baked potato was good but then again, how hard is it to ruin a potato?

I'll skip the next business lunch here and head elsewhere, preferably where the concentration is on the food and service and not the introductory spiel. And possibly where the BLT salad includes the "B" and"T" and not just a chopped up head of lettuce.

Firebirdsgrill, Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Hi Chip,

thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience. We're sorry to hear that your server's introduction provided a poor start to your meal. We appreciate the feedback and I will be sharing it with our leadership team to ensure this is addressed. Thank you.