“Nostalgic Steak Paradise!”

Beef & Bottle Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Beef & Bottle Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 2,687 Restaurants in Charlotte
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

After living in Charlotte over 16 years and passing this unassuming what I repeatedly referred to as a "Hole in the Wall," turned out to be a "Hole in One!" I had heard over the years this was a great place for steaks but just finally decided on a whim driving around to stop in for dinner. No tables available until after 9:00. So, after seeing the inside, I was fully intrigued and called back to make a reservation for a Sunday night. I love old movies and and was just right at home when we were seated among photos of Clark Gable & Clint Eastwood. Small & dark, a date night place extraordinaire. Kaukana Klub Cheese style & crackers were heaven...my husband polished off 2 appetizer cups. Large chilled shrimp cocktail were juicy and delicious with a just right sauce (nice hint of horseradish). Had the salad with their bleu cheese (all their dressings are in house made). Wanted to buy a bottle. It's that good. I ordered six once filet cooked medium rare A La Oscar (hollandaise with crab) served over asparagus. There are no words. Best steak anywhere.
My husband had the bourbon glazed salmon & just could not believe the favor. Baked potato was hot and like the salad, you add the toppings yourself. My son had a larger filet and declared it one of the best he's ever had too. He enjoyed leftover steak 'n eggs the next morning. So good! Wine was great and we did split a cheesecake as well. Loved every minute of our meal and must say, our waiter, John, was absolutely the best I've ever encountered anywhere. What a wonderful place.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Suggested by a man we met on the PGA Championship bus and it was a great choice. It is expensive but worth the price. It is dark and decorated in old movie star photos but it was great history.
We started with the cheese & crackers, then had the crab dip. Both were a great start to a meal. The salad was fresh and the "extra" veggies for the salad came separate, so you could add (or leave off) what you choose. The blue cheese dressing was excellent. We had a Ribeye and a NY Strip steak ... both were cooked exactly as we expected (after our waiter, John, had explained their cooking concept. The baked sweet potato was large and tasty. The iced tea was fresh and the beer was cold!
Neither of Us could eat dessert although it looked great, as it passed our table for another patron.
John did a fantastic job. The meal was excellent. The ambiance was cool. Try this Place!!!
PS - MUST HAVE A RESERVATION FOR A TABLE IN THE DINING ROOM!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

This is a family owned and run steakhouse with a decent wine menu. The steaks were perfect and the staff is amazing. The owner took us to our table and our server was terrific. I highly recommend this as a great place to eat--such a nice change from chain restaurants and the price points were in alignment with what I would expect.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I had a lovely Steak dinner at the Beer & Bottle. The décor of the place really appealed to me. Dark lighting and a real old school feel. All staff very friendly and efficient. The Steak was out of this world and it seems occasionally this reputation draws celebrities. I was informed Richard Dreyfuss (Hooper) had sat in the booth I was in a few weeks previous. Signed photo to document. The man has good taste. Not a cheap meal, but you pay for quality.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

My wife and I planned our anniversary dinner for 7:00 on July 27, 2017. We were seated right on time and the waiter asked if we had been there before and we said yes-several times. Our drink order was taken and we were asked if we were ready to order and we said no, we were going to look over the appetizers first. When our drinks arrived we ordered an appetizer. After 17 minutes of being there 7:17, our waiter came to the table rushing us to order and spilled my wine trying to fill the water glasses while trying to ask us for our dinner order again. We said we needed a few minutes and he said "did you read the sign out front". My wife said which sign and he said the one that says you have 1 1/2 hours to eat here. We said we knew that, we have been here several times. We ordered on his next return, just to get out of there. We experienced the most uncomfortable and rushed dining experience ever. We were done with the entire meal after 57 minutes, but stayed for the full 1 1/2 hours for spite. #neverbeefandbottleagain #worstrestaurantexperienceincharlotte

2  Thank smichaelzimmerman

Been to Beef & Bottle Restaurant? Share your experiences!