“Beautiful and terrific food”
Review of Blue Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Blue Restaurant & Bar
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: First Ward
Cross street: Corner of College and 5th Sts.
Description: Blue Restaurant is a sophisticated restaurant that offers flavors from around the Mediterranean region. Our multicultural menu will take your taste buds on a whirlwind tour. prepare to experience a Moroccan Tagine, Whole Roasted Mediterranean Sea Bass or a Tenderloin a la Blue. as you travel around the menu, you will be delighted with familiar dishes and excited by others you have yet to explore.
Reviewed 22 May 2017

We recommend this restaurant to every friend that travels through Charlotte! Although the name sounds like it would be a seafood restaurant, it's NOT! It serves seafood but not primarily and there is so much more! Service is outstanding and the menu is broad with interesting preparations. (I'm not a red meat/pork eater but my friends have raved over and over again about the wild boar!

Reviewed 7 May 2017

We went on prom night (oops!) but had a great meal and good service - the waiter was a bit taxed! Everything from the Wisconsin cheese plate to the entrees and ending in dessert was excellent. I do recommend the Buzzed Hornet as well!

Reviewed 7 May 2017

Located in the Uptown area of Charlotte with a live blues band the Friday night we came. There was hardly anyone here. Even without people to serve the bartender was, by far, the worst I have come across. A nice guy but terrible. While ordering someone came up to the bar, he turned to them then walked away! Rarely would check on us, left all used plates, dishes and silverware around until we left.
Other than the poor service, the food was actually good. Even the atmosphere, design and layout were clean and nice. It's just hard to honestly evaluate a place when you get such terrible service.

Reviewed 29 April 2017

A group of us traveled to Charlotte for the Neil Diamond concert and stayed at the Hyatt which was two blocks from the Blue Restaurant & Bar. Our whole group enjoyed their meal. I ordered the wild boar dinner which featured boar prepared as medians and as a pull4ed pork. Both were wonderful. I was so full that I didn't have dessert. In addition, the wine list by the glass had a good selection!

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

We had 7 for dinner. Service was fabulous. Had drinks at the bar prior to eating. Great beer selection and bar tender was helpful and friendly.

Dinners are an average of $27 each with sides ala cart. Very unique options - I'm not a meat eater but the others raved about their meals. I had a mushroom Bolognese. Options for everyone.

Appetizer crab cakes was good - be sure to order extra if planning to share.