“Awesome place for burgers”

Village Tavern - Charlotte
Reserve with OpenTable
Village Tavern - Charlotte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 2,634 Restaurants in Charlotte
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Barclay Downs
Cross street: Morrison & Barclay Downs
Reviewed 18 June 2016

First time at Village Tavern and I can honestly say it blew me away. Several interesting things on the menu however I chose the cheeseburger. It was quite simply the best burger I have ever had!

Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

After a graduation ceremony we had a gathering of 40-50 here. First let me say that there was only supposed to be 25ish of us but there were no complaints from the staff and they happily accommodated our large group.
With a group so large, almost everything on the menu was tried and there were no complaints. I tried a Cajun pasta and although it came out barely warm, the flavor was great and I really couldn't complain.
Some things took much longer than others and at times it was a bit difficult to get our servers attention but that really was to be expected. Considering that the restaurant was packed, not just with our party, the staff handled it all very well.
I'm not sure if this was something the restaurant created or an external app that was being used but our entire party was able to get updates, change RSVP, thank all information referencing the event which was a huge plus. Everyone arrived at different times because traffic was a mess but we were all able to keep up with one another and all turned out safely.
I would definitely recommend this place to anyone and I'll be sure to try again if I'm ever in the area.

Reviewed 13 June 2016

Stephanie was awesome, she took great care of all of us, the staff was very friendly overall (very helpful on our surprise party), the food was just great, the crab dip and crab cakes were awesome, will definitely come back

Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

Truly a little gem. The service was great, never ran out of drinks, empty plates were gone in an instant. The food was hot, fresh and delicious. The table shared a pimento fondue with chips. It was plenty for three people and tasty. I had a burger with Gruyere and caramelized onions which was awesome. If you are going to eat it though make sure to come hungry because it was enormous. In fact everyone's portions were very large. For what you get, the price is not too bad.

Reviewed 26 May 2016

I enjoyed a lunch here with my wife.

I ordered the Santa Fe Burger with fries. Incredible size to the burger cooked to perfection. The meat has a wonderful flavor and texture. Add a large helping of fries and this lunch lasted me all day long.

Great service.

For $15 plus a tip, this was a great lunch.