“Decent food - Horrible Service”

Great Wall of China South
Ranked #527 of 2,731 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 March 2018

I had already ordered appetizers and Iasked two questions about the dinner menu to the waiter and he rudely said that "You ask too many questions. I am very busy".... Well - we won't be returning - so hopefully he will be less busy.

Date of visit: March 2018
2  Thank SPawar30

Reviewed 8 March 2018

My Daughter loves this place, we have been going there for years, the only place she wants to eat on her birthday which I think we started when she was a round 16 and now she will be 24 this year and still wants it for her Birthday.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 4 February 2018

Servers are courteous and helpful. The food has been consistently good for our vegetarian diets. We especially like the Chinese soft tofu, the vegetarian lo mien, the sprouts, eggplant, okra, green beans, brown rice. We eat here at least twice a month and can always count on good quality food.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 17 December 2017

Great Wall of China has been a long time favorite of mine for over 25 years!! Really friendly staff who appreciate your business. Authentic Chinese food, some of my favorites: Sa Cha Chicken (can be spicy, but the staff will adjust if you ask!) Orange Chicken, Beef & Broccoli, great Egg Drop Soup, Wonton soup. Wish I lived closer - so I could enjoy it more! The decor could use an update!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Dined with guests on 18 Nov. Terrible service - over an hr. to serve appetizer. Then a Long wait for main menu. No service during meal. Main meal dishes in part delayed so some of the entrees that should have been served together were cold to eat and unappetizing. Some basic parts of menu such as brown rice not available. Talked to mgr. about slow service to no avail. Much better choices at other Chinese restaurants. Will not eat there again.

Date of visit: November 2017