“Great for Lunch M-F”

Nikko Japanese Restaurant & Sushi Bar
Ranked #368 of 2,457 Restaurants in Charlotte
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: South Blvd.
Transit: The light rail stops at the Bland Street Station behind Nikko Japanese Restaurant (the pink high rise building) which offers convenient transportation from the uptown area.
Description: Nikko Japanese Restaurant and Sushi Bar has a high energy atmosphere with a contemporary style. We are known for inventive, excellent, award winning sushi as well as the finest modern Japanese cuisine. Nikko has the feel of a upscale New York city restaurant with the promise to be hot and sexy. We have an assortment of over 300 bottles of fine wines as well as a full service bar. We feature a large private dining room with a full projection screen for company events or any other special occasion. Joannas welcoming personality with feather boa and trademark cowboy hat with tambourine overwhelms guests with "Sushi Love" when sake bombs are requested.
Reviewed 1 May 2016

Huge restaurant, wouldn't expect the size looking from the outside. Fun atmosphere and decor. Friendly staff.

We went for lunch on a Friday and had the sushi (shrimp tempura and philly roll) and veggie/shrimp tempura and chicken teriyaki bento box. both were very flavorful and delicious. Great pricing for the bento box.

Would go back and recommend.

Reviewed 4 February 2016

As always, the owner / hostess is very friendly and welcoming.

The food, when it arrived, was fresh and flavorful.

The service, I can say, was the worst I've ever had. I saw my food sitting at the Sushi bar waiting for pickup, over 20 minutes to have it picked up. Only when my drink glass was empty, was I acknowledge.

If you read this far, do go to Nikko, just don't sit at the bar and expect any kind of service.

1  Thank SirTravel0ts
Reviewed 12 January 2016

I recently ate there for the first time while waiting for my husband to come out of surgery and liked it so much I brought him in for lunch a week later during our follow-up visit! The restaurant is a wide-open space with beautiful decor (I wish I had their bathroom in my own home!). The service was fast and thoughtful. I found the menu to be a bit overwhelming with so many offerings at lunch but settled on the $12 Sushi plate that included two types of sushi roll (your choice from around 6-7 selections) and a salad with yummy ginger dressing (seriously, you could drink the stuff). On the first visit, my dining companion had a curry chicken with rice. He's a foodie and said it was quite good. He joined us again on the second visit and I reprised my first order but had two salmon rolls, they were just that delicious. He and my husband both chose teriyaki, one chicken and one steak. I do believe they cleaned their plates. Fortunately, we have to go back for a few more follow-ups and Nikko will definitely be on our list of must-do-again's!

Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

Sushi selection was good and the food was great. Had the Red Dragon ( newly added menu item) this was awesome the combination of flavored was very good. Service was typical not anything out of the ordinary.

Reviewed 14 December 2015

We visited on a Monday evening and the restaurant was about 1/3 full. Half of our party of 10 ordered, received and ate their dinner prior to the rest of our party even being given the opportunity to submit our dinner order. We asked multiple times for the waiter and were ignored. Wait staff acted as if they were doing us a favor. One person at the table received a wine glass with finger prints and grim on the rim. The tables were sticky. Food (sushi and main dishes) were average and the clear soup had an odd flavor. Oysters on the half shell were served without any sauce and when the diner asked for horseradish, the restaurant did not have any .... why serve oysters if you don't know how to serve them? We will not go back. It is rare that I give this poor a rating.... and I am in the top 3% of reviewers in Charlotte. AVOID THIS PLACE.