“Fun place with average food”

The Peculiar Rabbit
Ranked #279 of 2,584 Restaurants in Charlotte
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Great atmosphere and definitely a fun place to go with friends, but that is where it stops. I found the food to be below average and overpriced, along with the drinks.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

There is something about the Rabbit that keeps me coming back. The people are friendly, the menu is a little different and interesting, the food is fresh and it has the absolute best views of downtown you can find. It also is in Plaza Midwood, which in itself has a special Charlotte atmosphere. The Rabbit is worth a visit. The salads are great.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Stopped in on a Saturday afternoon for lunch on the rooftop patio. Great view, but something, pretty much everything else, was wrong. Some of the staff seemed less than alert. After waiting over an hour for our food, three out of four plates were delivered, the other came out 10 minutes later. The medium-rare burgers were very well done and warm-ish, sides were cold. Gave the burgers back, and asked for them to be taken off the bill. Other entrees were ok, and hot. No manager came to discuss or apologize, indicating that problems will continue.

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Went for brunch on Saturday afternoon. Walked in and was greeted by hostess who took us to the tables right out in front of the bar. Two side-by-side tables were dirty so she said hold on let me get someone to clean these in later menu and silverware down. She went back to the hostess station and we waited for someone to come clean and we waited and we waited. During this time I noticed the hostess was chatting with other staff and seating other hungry people that came in the door. After about 10 minutes of waiting for someone to come clean the table we decided to leave. I'm not sure what the issue was if there was miscommunication or what but we were literally standing 10 feet from her and it was like we weren't even there. This is my first visit to this establishment and with all the other options in the area I doubt I will be back

Reviewed 28 March 2017

We were visiting from out of town, and our host brought us here for brunch on a Sunday around noon. Service was a little slow, but the food was delicious. My husband got chicken and waffles, and I got the avocado toast; both were great. Our table had a round of bloody marys, which I didn't care for at all, but everyone else loved them.