All reviews historic hotel farm to table turn down service london taxi discovery place downtown charlotte keurig coffee maker lobby bar tryon street street noise within walking distance southern charm great downtown location queen bed corner room mini fridge complimentary breakfast
Reviewed 29 October 2017

The location is excellent. The service was pretty good. The hotel and particularly the room I stayed in smelled old and musty. Be prepared to be waiting on the valet for 20 minutes. The complimentary breakfast is quite sad. However, I did get a great deal and I appreciated the unexpected turndown service.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Meredith Z, Front Office Manager at The Dunhill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear winsotnwoof,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your business, and will certainly investigate the issues you are reporting. We wish you safe and comfortable travels in the future.

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel on Sunday night after connecting flight missed. I booked through Travelocity. Received the charge from Travelocity but also double billed by Dunhill. Multiple calls from Travelocity and myself to get refund and still waiting for it. Their front office staff is poorly trained on how Travelocity and similar booking agents work. Never receive any contact from the manager which I was told would call. Beware booking with them

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Meredith Z, Manager at The Dunhill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear mom-indy,

Thank you for your feedback. We acknowledge the billing error and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Our records indicate that a refund was issued the day after your departure. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly at 704-332-4141.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

The Dunhill is located in downtown, and therefore quite convenient for business travels and weekenders. The Hotel is clean as was the small room in this boutique hotel.
The air conditioning in the room dried out my nose and throat, and the mattress was so soft, my wife and I rolled into the middle together in a queen bed. Not very comfortable.
The free breakfast was not any different than what I might get at Motel 6, edible but barely. Parking is $34 to $39 a night and the room with taxes is around $250. So in brief, the best thing about the Dunhill is its location.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Meredith Z, Front Office Manager at The Dunhill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear CMoss13,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I'm glad that you found The Dunhill Hotel's central location convenient, but am disappointed to know that your expectations were not met in other areas. To your point about parking - we do have an agreement with the Fifth Third Bank parking garage allowing us to offer a discounted rate of $23 (self parking) to $30 (valet) per night to our guests. Handling payment directly through the garage may result in higher rates. I apologize if that was not clearly communicated at check-in.

Again, we appreciate your feedback and will certainly take it into account as we work to improve our guest experience.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Location = excellent. Service = good, especially the valet parking staff. Bedroom = good for size, quality of contents and cleanliness. Breakfast = poor as almost treated as second class citizens in a second floor lounge with a very basic menu & only minimal choice. Courtesy 'lounge' coffee is from large urns in the main hallway. Price = OK for the two nights that we booked months ago but very expensive and inflexible for the third night that we added at short notice - it was a Carolina Panthers football game weekend so I'm guessing that they hiked their prices ! No sign of the ghosts !

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Alan,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad that your overall experience at The Dunhill Hotel was positive, despite a couple of disappointments. We are constantly seeking ways to improve our guest experience and rely on feedback like yours to guide the way forward. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

The rooms are a bit small compared to the newer skyscapers and the beds maybe not gigantic enough for some, but it is so comfortable. And yes, the staff without exception are welcoming, friendly, and efficient.

Room Tip: We had a room on the top floor and it was on a corner so had views in two directions
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Icenorum10,

Thank you for your review. We're delighted that your stay was comfortable and that you enjoyed your interactions with our guest service team members. Please come back and visit us if you have the opportunity!