US$137
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$198/night.

US$139
US$113
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$136/night.

US$114
US$108
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

US$81
US$59
US$72
US$61
US$290
US$258
  • Pool
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$415/night.

US$80
US$78
US$192
US$171
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$207/night.

US$55
All reviewshistoric hotelfarm to tablelondon taxiturn down servicedowntown charlottediscovery placekeurig coffee makerlobby barchain hotelsstreet noisesouthern charmwithin walking distancegreat downtown locationqueen bedcorner roommini fridgebreakfast was included
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Don't be turned off by comments that this hotel is "dated". The rooms themselves are not updated in style BUT the bed is super comfy, the room is clean and the staff is super attentive. Complementary coffee and tea all day in the lobby and breakfast on the weekend. Location made it easy to walk everywhere. Looking forward to our next visit.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Meredith Z, Manager at The Dunhill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear ZiaNIta,

Thank you for your review. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your visit and appreciated The Dunhill's historic charm! We also look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

My husband and I stayed at many hotels and have had things stolen at hotels over the years but I have never been treated so poorly by a hotel when this has occured as I did during this visit at the Dunhill.
I had an item stolen out of my suitcase during my visit. I discovered it when I arrived home and unpacked my suitcase (I did not check my bag - so it was only in the hotel room or with me). I contacted the hotel and they were EXTREMELY rude to me and basically told me that I was lying to them and their employees did not steal anything. The manager was cocky and stated he hoped I found my item - which I obviously will not find since it was stolen! I filed a police report against the hotel.
Note that this hotel also DOES NOT HAVE IN ROOM SAFES - which I had planned to use but they did not have!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Meredith Z, Manager at The Dunhill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Dear Boymommy0501,

I am very sorry that our team, after a thorough search and internal investigation, was unable to locate the belt that you are missing. Although we do not have safes in our guest rooms, we do offer safety deposit boxes at the front desk for guest use upon request. I regret that this was not clearly communicated. We do appreciate your business and will be happy to cooperate with any further inquiries into this matter.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

This hotel will not be for everyone. It is not a Hilton or Marriott but if you want a charming historic building which has been tastefully updated for the 21st century in a great downtown location then the Dunhill is your place to stay in Charlotte. You can literally walk to anywhere in downtown Charlotte you'd like to go in about 15 minutes. The staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms are smaller and are decorated in period style befitting an older grand hotel. Bathrooms are clean and modern but with old fashion decor in keeping with the room style. There is a vibe that reminds of southern hospitality and charm of bygone days. I plan on returning.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank gjmalyk
Meredith Z, Manager at The Dunhill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Dear gjmalyk,
Thank you for your review. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the uniqueness that The Dunhill offers in terms of historic aesthetic and southern charm. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 29 June 2017

I chose Dunhill because of reviews and price. Glad I did.
Easy to find and parking is adjacent for $25. Probably impossible to street park.
The clerk, Kenya, was friendly and we checked in early because the room was ready. She was helpful with other questions. I really liked how she was so pleasant.
The room was a nice size for a city. Very clean. Refrigerator had a few bottle waters for us. Nice TV, bathroom, bed. We got 9th floor and had some views. Tea and coffee in the lobby all the time.
Twice I was approached by house keeping staff asking if everything in my room was fine --- wow and quite professional. They were there to please.
There is a bar there in the lobby with a good bartender. We didn't eat in the restaurant.
I thought the self serve breakfast was great. In the most lovely room with table cloths. Eggs, bacon, fruits, cereals, toast etc.
I booked the hotel a month ahead and I noticed the price went up as time got closer.
Advice: book ahead and maybe you will save.
Would I return? Oh yes!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear travelingteacher51,
Thank you for your review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your visit! It sounds like you were able to take advantage of all that The Dunhill has to offer, from our complimentary amenities to our friendly and attentive guest service team. We look forward to welcoming you back, soon!

Reviewed 20 June 2017

The positives: good location near the performing arts venues and restaurants of "uptown" Charlotte, plus a very friendly staff.
The negatives: (1) drab, brown decor in our room (202) and a rather uncomfortable mattress.
(2) An iron and board taking up valuable space in the small bathroom, leaving no shelf space for shaving/toiletry kits. Plus, no towel racks or rods. How do hotels expect you to reuse your towel if there's no place to hang it?
(3) Very few places to plug in a phone, especially convenient to the bed. Hotels need to provide these as most people use their phones for alarm clocks.
Bottom line: our room definitely needed an update.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a bigger bathroom - room 202 did not have that.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Calgirl3,
Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad that you enjoyed The Dunhill's central Uptown location, as well as your interactions with our team members. I'm sorry to hear that our historic aesthetic didn't suit your preferences, and appreciate your feedback about how to improve our guest rooms. It will certainly be taken into account when property updates are considered.