“Quaint Place to Stay”
Review of The Dunhill Hotel

The Dunhill Hotel
Ranked #51 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Came to Charlotte for a birthday/girls night with old friends from high school. Love the decor and the history of hotel. Staff was super friendly and helpful. I have stayed downtown before for concerts but this was the first time staying here. I had a little trouble figuring out where to park but staff helped me with all that once I checked in. The bathroom appeared not to have any ventilation for air conditioning so it was quite warm in bathroom but is understandable since this is an old building. The room was nice and clean. Breakfast in the parlor was very nice and food very good. Very close to Spectrum Center which was nice since we were going to a concert. I would definitely stay here again the next time I am in Charlotte.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Meredith Z, Manager at The Dunhill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear Valerie,

Thank you for your review. I'm delighted to know that you and your friends enjoyed yourselves and your experience at The Dunhill! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Don't be turned off by comments that this hotel is "dated". The rooms themselves are not updated in style BUT the bed is super comfy, the room is clean and the staff is super attentive. Complementary coffee and tea all day in the lobby and breakfast on the weekend. Location made it easy to walk everywhere. Looking forward to our next visit.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear ZiaNIta,

Thank you for your review. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your visit and appreciated The Dunhill's historic charm! We also look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

My husband and I stayed at many hotels and have had things stolen at hotels over the years but I have never been treated so poorly by a hotel when this has occured as I did during this visit at the Dunhill.
I had an item stolen out of my suitcase during my visit. I discovered it when I arrived home and unpacked my suitcase (I did not check my bag - so it was only in the hotel room or with me). I contacted the hotel and they were EXTREMELY rude to me and basically told me that I was lying to them and their employees did not steal anything. The manager was cocky and stated he hoped I found my item - which I obviously will not find since it was stolen! I filed a police report against the hotel.
Note that this hotel also DOES NOT HAVE IN ROOM SAFES - which I had planned to use but they did not have!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Meredith Z, Manager at The Dunhill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Dear Boymommy0501,

I am very sorry that our team, after a thorough search and internal investigation, was unable to locate the belt that you are missing. Although we do not have safes in our guest rooms, we do offer safety deposit boxes at the front desk for guest use upon request. I regret that this was not clearly communicated. We do appreciate your business and will be happy to cooperate with any further inquiries into this matter.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

This hotel will not be for everyone. It is not a Hilton or Marriott but if you want a charming historic building which has been tastefully updated for the 21st century in a great downtown location then the Dunhill is your place to stay in Charlotte. You can literally walk to anywhere in downtown Charlotte you'd like to go in about 15 minutes. The staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms are smaller and are decorated in period style befitting an older grand hotel. Bathrooms are clean and modern but with old fashion decor in keeping with the room style. There is a vibe that reminds of southern hospitality and charm of bygone days. I plan on returning.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank gjmalyk
Meredith Z, Manager at The Dunhill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Dear gjmalyk,
Thank you for your review. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the uniqueness that The Dunhill offers in terms of historic aesthetic and southern charm. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 29 June 2017

I chose Dunhill because of reviews and price. Glad I did.
Easy to find and parking is adjacent for $25. Probably impossible to street park.
The clerk, Kenya, was friendly and we checked in early because the room was ready. She was helpful with other questions. I really liked how she was so pleasant.
The room was a nice size for a city. Very clean. Refrigerator had a few bottle waters for us. Nice TV, bathroom, bed. We got 9th floor and had some views. Tea and coffee in the lobby all the time.
Twice I was approached by house keeping staff asking if everything in my room was fine --- wow and quite professional. They were there to please.
There is a bar there in the lobby with a good bartender. We didn't eat in the restaurant.
I thought the self serve breakfast was great. In the most lovely room with table cloths. Eggs, bacon, fruits, cereals, toast etc.
I booked the hotel a month ahead and I noticed the price went up as time got closer.
Advice: book ahead and maybe you will save.
Would I return? Oh yes!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear travelingteacher51,
Thank you for your review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your visit! It sounds like you were able to take advantage of all that The Dunhill has to offer, from our complimentary amenities to our friendly and attentive guest service team. We look forward to welcoming you back, soon!