Free cancellation until 29/07
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$149
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$189/night.

US$160
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$187/night.

Omni Charlotte Hotel(Charlotte)
US$59
US$223
US$201
Hotels.com
Sleep Inn University Place(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$380
US$341
LuxuryCollection
  • Pool
All reviewshistoric hotelfarm to tablelondon taxiturn down servicedowntown charlottediscovery placekeurig coffee makerlobby barchain hotelswithin walking distancestreet noisesouthern charmtryon stgreat downtown locationqueen bedcorner roommini fridge
Reviewed 16 September 2012

My husband and I spent two nights at the Dunhill and would go back in a heartbeat. It's not the least expensive place in Charlotte, but their prices are in line with our experiences in similar hotels elsewhere.

Only quibble: no ice machines. But our bellman voluntarily brought some after delivering our bags.

Valet parking and bellman service were prompt, and the front desk staff were always available and helpful. We enjoyed our complimentary (and delicious) full breakfasts in the independently owned farm-to-table Harvest Moon Grille. The housekeeping staff were attentive and thorough — the housekeeper even brought extra soft drinks for the in-room refrigerator (in which I also refroze the gelpacks from our road-food cooler). Service throughout our stay unfailingly made us feel welcome and appreciated.

Although navigating to the garage through Uptown's one-way streets was a challenge (especially at 4 p.m. on Friday), the location was ideal for this urban walker's Saturday-morning stroll. If we'd had more time (we were in town for a wedding and our stay was brief), I'd have explored the nearby main library, and we'd have taken much advantage of their Uptown shuttle service and what looks like a great public transit system.

One wonderful feature: this historic hotel has the sturdy construction that keeps room noises in the rooms and most of the other sounds out. Great sleeping!

Our original plans called for a stay at another hotel, one of a large chain that we've always been happy with, but my poor planning left us without that option. When local residents attending the wedding heard where we were staying, they confirmed that we'd made a much better choice, that we'd enjoy our experience at the Dunhill — as we definitely did!

Room Tip: Our corner suite was quiet, even though we were one room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2012

I recently stayed at the Dunhill for the entire month of August. While one might think of an extended hotel stay as something less than comforting, the staff at the Dunhill made every day of my stay feel like home. The staff was always warm and welcoming. In particular, Jamie and Cooper at the front desk were extremely helpful and always gracious. Pete, the evening bartender always welcomed me on my way in from work. In the hotel restaurant, the Harvest Moon Grille, everyone from Chef Cassie, to the morning staff Brian and Lucas, made me feel at home. The hotel's decor is charming, the rooms include big four-poster beds, and the rooms were always remarkably clean. Also, the ability to workout at a full gym - the local YMCA, which has an indoor track and pool - made my stay even more like home. I didn't skip a beat.

Words cannot express the gratitude I feel toward the staff of the Dunhill for making a month's stay in their hotel feel like I was at home. I highly recommend this hotel to business travellers, couples seeking a romantic getaway, or ladies on a weekend trip. The Dunhill Hotel is the best hotel in Charlotte, by a long shot.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms are most comfortable for extended stays.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I cannot say enough good about the Dunhill Hotel. The hotel is quaint yet modern. It is reasonably priced and within mere blocks of everything needed in downtown Charlotte. The staff was incredible! I'll start with Kaela who made the choice of where to stay over the phone a no-brainer. She hooked us up with restaurant and bar passes to lots of great spots. Pete at the bar was awesome! I cannot believe he remembered our names so effortlessly and made both of our evenings there so fun. The crowd hanging out at the hotel bar were very fun both nights. And I cannot forget Nick who drove us in the Dunhill old-timey car one night when it was raining and we were too lame to walk a few blocks. It was a nice bonus to have an included breakfast (with gluten-free bread!) and free water and sodas. I will stay at the Dunhill everytime I am in Charlotte.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tina B
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We drove there from Atlanta (nice, easy 4 hours) and were thrilled with the lovely, vintage hotel.
When we were given original room, and I saw there was no bathtub, the bellman (nicely dressed in suit & tie) immediately called downstairs and found us another, LARGER room on the same floor-- with a tub. When we found that drain in tub wasn't working and notified the front desk, it was repaired while we were out to dinner.... and a note was put in our room, informing us "it had been taken care of."

We loved the location and didn't move our car once during the two days there: eating at nice restaurants close by; visiting the easily accessible Discovery Museum, the Mint (where we spend several hours), the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art and just enjoying walking along the streets, watching preparations for the upcoming DNC.

Addition goodies included the coffee in our room, free wifi and DELICIOUS chocolate chip/cranberry raisin cookies.

Usually, we prefer a room away from the elevator. We were near the one on our floor, and never was there a problem. The hotel was very quiet.

We both felt we'd had a most memorable and very enjoyable wedding anniversary celebration!

Room Tip: We look forward to returning in the future.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anitamax
Reviewed 3 September 2012

My friend and I just visited the Dunhill Hotel in Charlotte. Selected it based on reviews on Yelp! and they were right!
Great value for the incredible service, location and quality.
We called to make our reservation and received a great deal, along with discounts at restaurants/ bars nearby that she (Kayla) recommended - thanks Kayla... you rock!
I was a little frustrated that there wasn't any ice machine on our floor... but that frustration disappeared immediately when they delivered stat!
The local car service was indispensable when we wanted to head out and it was raining. They dropped us off a few blocks down, then returned to pick us up and drop us off elsewhere - friendly and quick... can't beat it! Thanks Nick - you also rock!
But... the most surprising aspect of the Dunhill was the fabulous bartender in the lobby bar - Pete. Incredible - remembered our name when we returned on Sat after a brief visit on Fri PM and introduced us to a exquisite Pinot Noir.
Truly a wonderful experience... would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Charlotte. Great location, service and value - it cannot be beat!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends