All reviews historic hotel farm to table turn down service london taxi discovery place downtown charlotte keurig coffee maker lobby bar tryon street street noise within walking distance southern charm great downtown location corner room queen bed mini fridge complimentary breakfast
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We were hesitant to book our "Staycation" at the historic Dunhill, mainly because I always interpret "historic" as a fancy way of saying "old". That is not the case at the Dunhill. They are a class act. Cookies in the evening, a cooler full of truly complimentary beverages in your room, extremely prompt and helpful staff, and a complimentary breakfast that will rival most B and B's. We had a great time. Bed was comfortable. Bathrooms were small, but that's what you get at a historic inn.

Room Tip: Parking is $12 for the length of your stay, or if you're there on the weekend, there are meters around the corner for free.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2012

The place isn't fancy but it is very clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. I would absolutely stay there again. The location is fantastic and quiet. Free Kerurig coffee machine in the room and a few other free beverages. A really nice amenity. My only recommendation would be to change out or provide different pillow types. They were kind of lumpy.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Where to start...
Great service from everyone, especially the bartender Pete who remembered my name and drink of preference and kept all his customers entertained and feeling good.

Fantastic food at the restaurant for reasonable prices breakfast is amazing farm fresh eggs grits homemade sausage all gratis with room

Great water pressure
Good bed
Feels a bit like home away from home

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank oenogeek
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I had the good fortune of staying overnight here for a job interview in Charlotte, and the hotel is gorgeous, clean, and they have the most accommodating and friendly staff of any hotel I've ever been. The showers are gigantic-you could easily fit ten people in there. It's quaint, the beds are remarkably comfortable, and everything is so elegant. It sits right in the middle of downtown Charlotte- right across from the beautiful downtown library and two blocks from a CVS should you need anything. They will shuttle you anywhere free of charge, the restaurant downstairs serves nothing but local, organic, and delicious food, and they have some great views of the city. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: I only know of the room I stayed in, but the people at the front desk are so sweet- they will help you with anything you need.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2012

The Dunhill provided the perfect location for our first Christmas as "outlaws". We were close to but not with the newlyweds. Great lobby bar provided an A + meeting spot and the in-house restaurant breakfast was not to be beat. I plan on making the Dunhill my next Charlotte stay!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple