“Yummy Sushi”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 April 2016

Treated my daughter to lunch here on her recommendation. I ordered the Joyful Dim Sum platter and it was very good. Shared some sushi with my daughter and it was also very good.

There are newer reviews for Emzy Sushi

Reviewed 10 March 2016

The food is good...nothing great mind you, but worth the price. Wait...worth the original price!!! The website (as I found out today) has not been updated since the January raise of prices. What it though was going to be a lunch for $8 + tax turned into a $10 + tax meal. If you order carry-out and you look on the website and it says one price, you order, then you pick up and told another price, that is shameful.

Not going there again...and as for the food again, it is good, but all the lunch dishes have the same zucchini, broccoli, and peppers in all of the dishes, just different flavors added. Not bad by any means, just not worth $11 for lunch (ESPECIALLY thinking it was going to be $8.50)

Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

Fantastic food and great staff.
The sushi was well worth the wait. Everything was very fresh tasting.
The atmosphere was also
Very modern and clean although there was construction going on around in the area

Reviewed 8 August 2015

Simply dire! I cannot believe just how bad this restaurant was, especially for the price we paid. The first warning sign was the low health rating posted at the register on the way in. If that was a portal of things to come, we should have turned around, walked out the door and found somewhere else. Alas, we didn't. BIG MISTAKE!

The meal started off quite well with some semi-decent gyozas but quickly went downhill from there. Although the sushi presentation was very nice, it arrived at the table warm and unappetizing! The yakisoba noodles with beef were pedestrian at best and only the addition of some hot chili oil saved them from complete and utter oblivion. The worst dish of the evening, however, was the chicken katsu sandwich which tasted as though it had been whisked over from KFC and put on a plate. But that wouldn't be fair to KFC, whose food I am sure, is of a higher quality than the terrible food that Emzy is serving up at over-inflated prices. Our server asked how our meal was and when I told them what I thought they didn't seem at all surprised. Indeed, they pretty much agreed that we shouldn't have ordered the katsu sandwich. I just wish that they had told me about the rest of the dishes too. I seriously do not know how they are still in business and I am pretty sure that next time we venture to that part of Uptown Charlotte, there will be an empty space were a once promising sushi restaurant used to be.

Reviewed 16 April 2015 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch we business associates. The restaurant was quite busy and we had a 10 minute wait, but so worth it. I had the Kim China stir fry, a little spicy but really good. Definitely worth a try for lunch and typical Uptown Charlotte pricing.