“My second review of Luigi's”
Review of Luigi's Pizza

Luigi's Pizza
Ranked #334 of 2,685 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 9 July 2018

I thought their pizza was great. It is!!! I tried their stromboli, Holy Cow!! It has to be the best $8.00 stromboli on the planet. Perfectly baked with cripsy crust, and loaded with fillings.

My advice is to take a friend, order a sromboli and a slice of pizza each. I know that you cannot personally thank me for suggesting Luigi's. That is okay. Just keep going there and support their efforts.

1  Thank Marty N

Reviewed 24 June 2018

When visiting Charlotte, I'm glad Luigi's was just 1 mile away from my hotel. I made it my place for meal time. I don't know which dish I liked the best: Pizza, lasagna, spaghetti, or ziti. Next time I come to this place I'm gonna try the stromboli. I got to chat with the workers, they were willing to talk just as much as the people in Madison, AL. This place made me feel welcome in Charlotte let alone my first trip on my own.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Came here at the referral of a friend. We were heading back home (do not live here) and were hungry. We had a group of 5 and ordered 2 jumbo pizzas because leftovers...need I say more? It’s more New York styled, but I don’t discriminate. Good pizza is good pizza! The slices were monstrous! I tried my hardest to eat 2 slices, but barely had 3 bites of the second before my stomach begged me to stop. The pizza is hot, fresh, great sauce flavor, the crust is not too thin and not overly thick. As a bread-aholic, I chose to forego eating the crust (blasphemy I know) so I could have some more of the cheesy goodness. My hubby had 4 slices. He has 2 hollow legs and a hollow arm because the average person will maybe, on a good day, have 2 before they must be rolled out of the place.

You order at the counter (no waitstaff), pay and you get a number. When they call your number, you pick up your food at the same counter. Place is on the smaller side and the tables aren’t meant for large groups. You’d have to have separate tables. We had 5 and it was a little close for the 3 sitting together. They do have a beer, but looked like bottles and maybe a couple kinds. Otherwise, fountain drinks (Pepsi products) and teas. The menu has calzones, pasta, Stromboli, etc so if pizza isn’t your thing, there are other choices. The bathrooms are for 1 at a time but no big deal. Staff was friendly.

The area it is located is across from a Walmart and Lowe’s. Very crowded and very busy. Traffic in was fine, leaving was a wait due to all the cars. Just very congested so if you are in a hurry to leave and it’s lunch time, be prepared to wait a while to get out of the complex. You can call in orders to take them to go as well.

You get a normal pizza box for leftovers...it’s the size of a large pizza box from a typical big chain pizza place. See the 2 slices we had leftover (after a 3 hour drive home). They practically take up the whole box! And it tastes so good cold!!!

If we come to Charlotte again, this will be a mandatory detour.

1  Thank Stephanie A
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I was visiting the area for business and the company got subs from here. Good choice from the locals!

Pretty much above average subs that was overwhelming in size and content. If I am in the area again, I hope to stop by again. I like these non-chain places that put real care and effort in what they do.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I just recently relocated into the area and my husband has been here working for a few months now. He suggested this restaurant for lunch as we had to make a stop at the Walmart close by. I ordered 2 slices & to my surprise, they were humungous ....and soooo delicious! This is some awesome NY style pizza ~ definitely will be a repeat for us!