All reviews long stay wear and tear front desk staff movie theater king suite business travel free breakfast nice stay enjoyed my stay wedding pets
Reviewed 5 February 2016

I was really looking forward to this hotel. I knew people that stayed here and had great reviews. Well this was a different experience. I checked in and went to my room (508) and opened the door......LOUD! I could hear the highway as if I was sleeping on the Hwy. It was horrible. I thought maybe I could take it.....No. I called down and they said they were booked.....I begged and they game me another room (218) near the elevator....whoosh whoosh all night. I complained and they gave me ear plugs. That is the bad part.
The good part- Amazing comfortable beds, great space/suites, manager drinks and snacks at supper.
Close to some nice restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: Lower rooms, pool side, front of building because of the noise.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Craig A, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Piper Glen, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2016

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I apologize that you were not able to enjoy your stay because of the noise from the highway and then from the elevator. We should have done a better job relocating you to a different room in the hotel and I am sorry that we did not do that. I hope that you give us another chance to show you what a great hotel we have.

Reviewed 17 January 2016 via mobile

I have stayed at this property numerous times since it first opened. I have always liked the rooms and the property has been
well-maintained.

The rooms have had a facelift with
new furniture and a style change recently. The bathroom area has remained the same.

The major problem with this property is its proximity to I – 485. All of the rooms on the backside of the property and on the outside of the wings get a tremendous amount of road noise. To avoid the road noise, you must have a room on the inside of the U-shaped building.

Unfortunately, I did not have an option when I stayed recently. The road noise definitely affected my sleep quality. If you're going to stay at this property, I suggest you have ear plugs or some means of making white noise to block out the constant road noise.

Nice property, just understand this major issue when booking a room.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 December 2015

This hotel was booked for our large group as a place to relax after a Christmas party which included a showing of the new Star Wars movie. We only stayed one night, but we didn't encounter any issues at all. Our suite was clean and comfortable, with a well-designed layout which placed the living space and kitchen (a full kitchen with all the necessary appliances, including side-by-side refrigerator, oven, and dishwasher) in the middle, flanked on either side by a bedroom and bathroom. Furnishings appeared to have been replaced fairly recently. Beds were comfortable and the free wireless internet was plenty fast for my needs.

The Residence Inn serves a breakfast with hot items - the selection was good, as I've seen better but I've also seen worse. The lobby was attractive and tastefully decorated for the holidays. The night desk clerk was helpful with providing us with extra linens; I didn't have too much interaction with the morning staff, since the room wasn't in my name.

The Residence Inn Piper Glen is situated in the upscale Ballantyne area of Charlotte and is convenient to I-485. It's a fine place to stay for larger groups and families who would appreciate the extra space, as well as travelers staying for longer periods of time - particularly for those who would prefer the option of cooking their own meals.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Craig A, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Piper Glen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2016

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Charlotte Piper Glen and for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay. We are so glad that you enjoyed our property while you were here. We hope that you come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

This is a very nice property, but if your room is on the highway side of the property it is VERY LOUD!

This a newer Residence Inn property. Very well maintained and clean. Good free breakfast and a nice lobby!

Room Tip: Rooms on the opposite side of the highway will be much quieter
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn and for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I appreciate the kind words about our hotel. I apologize for the noise from the highway deterring from your stay with us. I hope that you will give us another chance and we can find a quitter spot for you to stay.

Reviewed 30 November 2015

The room was fine but noisy. CONS: We were on a lower floor in the back, so highway noise was factor. Worse, however, was the noise from the heating system, which kicked in every few minutes all night long, even though we only had the heat set at 68 degrees. The bed was very soft, although not so soft that we rolled into each other. A few amenities were missing: we had to ask for dishwashing soap and a refill on coffee. The fitness center is VERY basic, with a few cardio machines and a set of weights (5 lb, 20 lb, and up--where are the 10-15 lb weights?) PROS: Good breakfast, clean hotel, and friendly staff. Very convenient to shopping and our extended family. Next time I'll ask for a room on an upper floor at the front.

Stayed: November 2015
Craig A, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Piper Glen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2015

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We are always looking to make sure that we are providing the best service possible and your feedback will help us do that. I am glad that you liked the room. I apologize if the road noise was bothersome to you. We do our best to accommodate our guests and hope next time that we can give you a room to better suit your needs. We hope that you will come back and see us soon.