“Cathy took excellent care of us”
Review of Yama Asian Fusion

Yama Asian Fusion
Ranked #314 of 2,730 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Great Food served hot and fresh. The Miso Soup was delicious along with the dumplings. The scallops and shrimp were cooked just right . I also enjoyed the vegetables that came with this dish. The quality and quantity was just fine.
Located in the heart of South Park.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

I'd never been to Yama before, so we decided to give it a shot for lunch. My biggest complaint about the place was the prices for lunch were pretty high. You weren't going to spend less than $12 per person, and the portion sizes weren't huge either, so it's a good bit of money, for not very much food. They also don't have a kids menu, which was an annoyance. We had to order the kids a regular meal for $16 to split, which is a bit ridiculous.
The service and food was all good, but the prices and the impracticality of the place would probably keep me from returning.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

I ordered a lot of food just to ensure I'd like this place.
TORI KARA-AGE
Fried Japanese style popcorn chicken -- this was great! An assortment of white and dark meat, but it was fresh and delicious.
GINGER SALAD
Romaine lettuce, heirloom tomato, cucumber, carrots, ginger dressing -- EXCELLENT. Romaine lettuce was super fresh and crunchy! I loved this salad.
CLEAR SOUP
Spring onions, sliced mushroom - mushrooms were thinly sliced and the soup was flavorful. YUM!
LOBSTER ROLL
Tempura lobster, asparagus, poached lobster on top, yuzu cream, black tobiko -- FABULOUS! Everything was cooked BTW - It was yummy!!!
I did order a starter dish with tofu in (I can't remember the name) it was not good. I sent it back. The tofu was slimy. YUK
I ordered an alcohol drink (can't remember the name of that either) it was not good I sent it back and order the Mule drink. That's my norm, it was good, yeah I had 2.

Overall I would eat there again. Service was pleasant. She was soft spoken and a bit reserved but pleasant to say the least.

Hope this helps.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

First off...let's be honest...good sushi is tough to find in the Charlotte area but this is definitely the exception. The rolls are perfect with the right temperature. Even the lunch specials with the bento boxes are just the right amount of food. This might be pricey for some but if you are in serious need of some good seafood, this is the place for you. Atmosphere and service are also a plus. The appetizers such as the basic calamari is just perfect.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I enjoy my sushi - and have eaten in some of the best... and worst places in all the major cities. This little gem in Charlotte was a welcome surprise, with nice aesthetics, cordial, engaging servers, and really very well prepared dishes. I focused mainly on their sushi menu - enjoying a variety of their cooked and uncooked offerings. You could tell the chefs know their craft - as the fish was extremely fresh, the ingredients chosen with care, and prepared with an eye for fine dining. This spot is great for a casual dinner with friends, or a light romantic dinner with your favorite girl. Definitely recommended.