“Nice dining experience”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 March 2016

We had the H &M roll, Boston roll. Both were delicious. Be sure to try the firecracker sauce, too. Excellent, friendly service.

Date of visit: March 2016

Reviewed 15 February 2016

We visited here on the Saturday before Valentine's Day! The atmosphere was nice; the food was absolutely delicious, and the service was friendly and efficient. My husband used to work in the restaurant indusrtry; so, he is VERY overly picky about restaurants, but he even told me that he can't wait to come back. Great spot!

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 28 December 2015

We live in Greenville, SC and whenever we're in Charlotte we try and eat at Yama. This trip we were having our car serviced and took the opportunity to have lunch here. My wife and I shared the Bento Box which came with Miso soup and the Uptown Roll and the Downtown Roll. Everything is fresh, very well presented and always delicious. If you want a great place for sushi in Charlotte this should be tops on your list.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 5 September 2015

Loved this place. Had the pleasure of going on a Sunday evening, when restaurant was not too busy. Beautiful, serene decor. Spacious seating. Yama has a wonderful menu. Several sushi selections with a lot of great choices for specialty rolls. Wonderful drink menu as well. Service was excellent. Server was attentive and knowledgable. Sushi arrived almost immediately after ordering, and every roll tasted fantastic. The only recommendation I would have for this place is although they do accept reservations, is to have an online option to book available through their website or perhaps Open Table. Will definitely be returning!

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 3 September 2015

It is easy to park in the back of the restaurant.

I was very pleased with the service, the hostess was nice and let me choose my table.

My server, Melissa was wonderful, big smile and very accommodating. Let me take my time and gave me great suggestions.

Music volume was at a perfect level for conversation.

I tried the Pink Lady Roll which was great. The Korean BBQ short ribs also tasted perfect.

Great experience,