“Great Lunch or anytime”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 December 2015

We live in Greenville, SC and whenever we're in Charlotte we try and eat at Yama. This trip we were having our car serviced and took the opportunity to have lunch here. My wife and I shared the Bento Box which came with Miso soup and the Uptown Roll and the Downtown Roll. Everything is fresh, very well presented and always delicious. If you want a great place for sushi in Charlotte this should be tops on your list.

Reviewed 5 September 2015

Loved this place. Had the pleasure of going on a Sunday evening, when restaurant was not too busy. Beautiful, serene decor. Spacious seating. Yama has a wonderful menu. Several sushi selections with a lot of great choices for specialty rolls. Wonderful drink menu as well. Service was excellent. Server was attentive and knowledgable. Sushi arrived almost immediately after ordering, and every roll tasted fantastic. The only recommendation I would have for this place is although they do accept reservations, is to have an online option to book available through their website or perhaps Open Table. Will definitely be returning!

Reviewed 3 September 2015

It is easy to park in the back of the restaurant.

I was very pleased with the service, the hostess was nice and let me choose my table.

My server, Melissa was wonderful, big smile and very accommodating. Let me take my time and gave me great suggestions.

Music volume was at a perfect level for conversation.

I tried the Pink Lady Roll which was great. The Korean BBQ short ribs also tasted perfect.

Great experience,

Reviewed 26 June 2015 via mobile

We decided to go this place with all my friend food is .... So so we Asian people we Oder many thing but taste just ok. Too much noodles. Less meat. Service is one waitress food very slow. To come out ...

Reviewed 23 May 2015

I've been a fan of Sushi for 30 years and have been to Sushi/Japanese restaurants in several states and several countries and I can honestly say that Yama Asian Fusion was the best experience ever. Not only was the food (sushi and sashimi) fresh, with excellent flavor, perfectly prepared and presented, but the service and ambience were also of the highest quality I have experienced. Chris, our server, gave us impeccable service going out of his way to make great suggestions and even provided a tasting of two wines for my wife when she could not decide which one she would prefer. They have an excellent wine list and the biggest selection of Sake I've ever seen anywhere. If I could give this place six stars I would. This will now be our "go to" place in Charlotte for Sushi and Sashimi.