“Great sushi and atmosphere!”
Review of Enso Asian Bistro

Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: College and Trade
Transit: You can take the Lynx light rail or a Charlotte Area Transit System bus, both of which stop right at the EpiCentre.
Description: Part bistro, part lounge, part meeting place, Enso has something for everyone. From the exotic flavors offered on the menu to its contemporary, elegant design and decor, Enso is a feast for the senses. Enso offers Sushi & Pan-Asian fare in splashy digs with marble statues, imported fixtures & electronic music. We have weekly specials on food and drinks including great happy hour deals from 4-7 Sunday through Thursday.
Reviewed 25 October 2016

I went with five friends for my birthday and had a fabulous time! They also give complementary cheesecake for your birthday! I got two different types of sushi and they were both delicious! Everyone was impressed with the menu and how their sushi came out!

Management response:Responded 27 October 2016

Brianne, glad you had a blast on your birthday! Thanks so much for the props to our sushi and cheesecake, too. Hopefully, we'll see you sometime soon -- we'd love to host you again.

Reviewed 20 October 2016

We did not have sashimi or sushi, which were obviously quite popular--although other reviewers have been unimpressed with quality and/or price (see reviews). We had (1) Pad Thai, which had a delicious sauce, but the noodles were not as crunchy as I would have liked; (2) vegetable tempura, which had very crispy coating but were almost tasteless; (2) jumbo shrimp tempura, which were very good but not traditional tempura (crust was sweeter and wetter). All in all, it was good food at the upper level of expected cost for the quality--but quantity was huge!

Management response:Responded 24 October 2016

Andrew, glad our pad thaii and veggie tempura hit the spot! Hopefully, you'll drop on by soon -- we'd love to see you again.

Best,

Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

My husband and I ate here for a late lunch and we were very happy with the food. The sushi and sashimi were fresh and delicious. The appetizers were great as well, if a little overpriced. The atmosphere inside is very romantic. Thanks for a great meal!

Management response:Responded 23 September 2016

Glad you and the hubby enjoyed our sushi! Thank you so much for the stars, and we hope you'll both drop by again to try something yummy real soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

Our family enjoyed the various dishes and sushi which were all suggested by our very knowledgeable waiter. He even catered to our 8 year old and helped him find a dish which the child would like

Management response:Responded 9 September 2016

Glad you and the family enjoyed your sushi! Hopefully, you'll drop by and chow down with us again soon. Thanks again for all the kind words regarding our place, by the way.

Reviewed 21 August 2016

Just had another awesome late night sushi dinner at Enso. I lived in Japan for six years, so I think I recognize fresh fish when eating it. The five or so times I've eaten nigiri at Enso have always been "spot on" experiences with salmon, hamachi, and sea urchin melting in my mouth. After having lived in Charlotte since 2003 and having eaten at more sushi restaurants than my wallet wants to admit, I can safely say that Enso is one of the best for fresh fish.

Of course, I believe that diners who eat crazy rolls packed with fried stuff and slathered with mayo might not get the same "fresh fish experience" as those of us who stick to the sushi basics.

As has always been the case, the service at Enso was prompt and congenial. Note: I've only dined there by myself and have always sat at the bar. On this late night visit, Chris was absolutely fantastic -- the best! In addition, the manager stopped by to ask about my experience. Yet, it didn't feel as if anyone was putting any pressure on me to hurry up, finish my food/beer/sake, and leave. They genuinely seemed as if they wanted to ensure I was having a great experience. Pretty impressive when it's after midnight -- in Charlotte.

Management response:Responded 23 August 2016

Teresa, I'm thrilled you had such a great time relaxing with us in the late hours of the night! It's also awesome that, given your seven years spent in Japan, we could get your stamp of approval regarding the freshness of our sushi. Anyway, thank you so much for all the kind words -- Chris especially is going to be thrilled after I pass along your praise.

See you soon,