“Great food delivered, just a little late”

Wang & King Asian Cafe
Ranked #587 of 2,633 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Asian
Description: Located in the shopping center with Ci-Ci's pizza. Has chinese/japanese food.
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

I ordered from a guest house while traveling. The online ordering process was quick and easy, and I appreciated that I had the option to pay the driver with cash or by card. I received a text message and an email confirming my order, setting a time promise, and giving instructions for how to change, cancel or check on the order. I realized I’d used the wrong house number and called to change the delivery address, which the employee handled well and quickly. The hour passed quickly and no food, so I called to follow up; the same employee answered and explained the delay (which I couldn’t hear well enough to understand, but that wasn’t his fault), and that the food would arrive in about ten minutes. It was exactly ten more minutes, and the driver was very friendly and helpful. Very nice guy.

The food itself was very good. I had the beef teriyaki appetizer, which was crispy, tender, and very well seasoned. A generously sized portion for the price. I don’t recall the name of the entree, but it was something I’d not had before (sa cha sauce/style or something like that, with several meats and vegetables); it was delicious. The pork fried rice was flavorful and almost enough pork but no carrots or peas that I can remember. The egg roll was basic but satisfying.

When I next travel to that area, I would happily order from them again, and I left its menu in the guest house manual.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Not bad for the price. I like the broccoli in garlic sauce and the boneless spare ribs. The sushi is not bad for the price and after 3 pm specials are good.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

We've been gong to Wang and King since it opened. They food is always fresh and tasty. The portions at dinner are huge and lunch portion is more like the size of a dinner. Huge menu so something for everyone. We both ate with soft drinks, 2 combo meals and an appetizer for less than $30 with plenty to take home. Recently tried the chicken wraps which were even better than PF Changs. It could make a meal and was only $5.95. I highly recommend this place. Other good items are wonton soup, SaCha chicken or shrimp (nice size shrimp), chicken wings, sesame and sweet and sour chicken.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

I've eaten there since Wang and King was new. The worst I've ever eaten there would only be classified as good. Soups are very good, sushi is excellent and the entire menu is prepared very well.

One of my favorites.

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Stopped for dinner and were quite pleasantly surprised by how fantastic the food was and how reasonably priced.