“High quality Sashimi”

Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mineral Springs
Reviewed 25 August 2016

This was the first time I have eaten at the Nakato's in University Place. Usually, we go to the Pineville one and have always been happy with the food. The University location is larger and more open, and feels more modern. We sat in the Sushi Bar area and I had the 18 piece Sashimi Omakase. It was fresh and delicious, although the pieces were a little small. My husband had two different Sushi rolls, and he said they were good. The tempura fried vegetable were crispy and perfectly battered, and we shared a plate of Hawaiian poke, which had a rich and satisfying flavor. FYI - the bar menu is surprisingly inexpensive, with mixed drinks costing between $6.50 and $8.00 Will definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

We were a group of 7. The experience was excellent and entertaining. Food was plentiful and well prepared. All had hibachi except one who had sushi. We will be back!

Reviewed 22 July 2016

The customer service here was excellent and the food was very good. We arrived with 6 hungry kids and left full and happy

Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

The result was very normal for a Japanese steakhouse. Nothing overly exciting here but the price was reflective of a middle of the road expectation.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

We went to Nakato for my birthday and it was wonderful! From the time we sat down until the time our dinners were served, our "cook" was very funny and held everyone's attention...from flipping shrimp tails and eggs into his chef's hat, to making a volcano out of a stacked onion, he was great!

I got the hibachi shrimp and loved every bite! Oh, but before I got the shrimp, everyone gets an appetizer of shrimp and vegetables (this is after your soup and salad). You also get a nice helping of noodles to go with your vegetables. By the time my actual order was placed on my plate, I too full to eat all of it! I managed somehow to eat almost all of it, but did bring home 4 shrimp and rice for later. The shrimp sauce is very good, too! I got steamed rice because I like it better than the fried rice and it tastes better with the shrimp sauce.

My husband got the early bird special which was teriyaki and chicken. He can eat quite a bit, but even he had a hard time finishing everything.

The restaurant itself is clean and neat inside. Everyone is friendly...I would eat here again.