“Absolutely Amazing”
Review of O-Ku Sushi

O-Ku Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
O-Ku Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #272 of 2,427 Restaurants in Charlotte
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Description: O-Ku Charlotte is now open in popular South End at Atherton Mill. Following successful openings in Charleston and Atlanta, O-Ku Charlotte features rare and unique seafood from the finest fish markets in Tokyo and Hawaii alongside locally sourced ingredients. The Charlotte establishment boasts 3,900 square feet of natural high ceilings and exposed brick walls.
Reviewed 5 July 2017

Wow, what an amazing dinner. We started with their specialty cocktails, they did not disappoint. Everyone at the table ordered something different and everyone was delighted. We had the edamame for an appetizer. I comes with sea salt and truffle oil - mind blowing!!! We ordered several rolls, all prepared to perfection. We also ordered the yellow tail and it was amazing. A friend who never eats raw fish was raving about it! Everything about this place was wonderful, from the clean lines and warm ambiance, to the attentive service and finally the great service. I would highly recommend this place, it should be on your must try list. We went very early (5pm) I would recommend reservations if you are going at normal dinner times.

There are newer reviews for O-Ku Sushi

Reviewed 26 June 2017

I am gluten free and this is one of the few asian restaurants I can go to and eat without worry! The staff is knowledgable and is willing to ask questions of the chef, one of their staff is even gluten free so thats an even greater bonus! They have a ton of options and even allowed me to build my own sushi roll.
The atmosphere is great and it has a fun vibe just walking in. I have been a few times, if you are going to come in the evening on a weekend, just be prepared to wait a little while. Definitely not a place to come when on a time crunch. but it has always been worth the wait.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

A great variety of choices and the fish is very fresh. Interesting preparations i.e. truffled edamame, and unique sushi rolls. Nice wine list and the Hartford Russian River Pinot Noir makes for a lovely pairing with the tuna wrapped roll.

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Best sushi we ever had, and we eat a lot of sushi. Inventive, very high quality, even the ginger was terrific. This place is not cheap, the four of us had lots of various rolls, drinks, dessert and tax and tip was $250. But, we thought it was worth it. Definitely will return. One of our best restaurant experiences and the wait staff was friendly, attentive, and very quick on requests. Highly recommend.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

I have tried sushi all over the world and O Ku has a few of their own twists that are really excellent. They serve single pieces if you want to just try different kinds. All of them were surprisingly good. Large saki selection as well. The restaurant itself is well designed and the staff friendly. I don't think you will be disappointed if you go. I'll return any time I am in Charlotte.