“High Quality Sushi in CLT”
Review of O-Ku Sushi

O-Ku Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
O-Ku Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #267 of 2,427 Restaurants in Charlotte
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Description: O-Ku Charlotte is now open in popular South End at Atherton Mill. Following successful openings in Charleston and Atlanta, O-Ku Charlotte features rare and unique seafood from the finest fish markets in Tokyo and Hawaii alongside locally sourced ingredients. The Charlotte establishment boasts 3,900 square feet of natural high ceilings and exposed brick walls.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

I have tried sushi all over the world and O Ku has a few of their own twists that are really excellent. They serve single pieces if you want to just try different kinds. All of them were surprisingly good. Large saki selection as well. The restaurant itself is well designed and the staff friendly. I don't think you will be disappointed if you go. I'll return any time I am in Charlotte.

There are newer reviews for O-Ku Sushi

Reviewed 13 March 2017

Wonderful place. The shrimp starter was absolutely the best item I had, South End Shrimp!!! I could eat the whole bowl! The servers are fabulous! Friendly, polite, personable ! Very impressed! I usually don't like champagne- but the prosecco was very delightful!
My negative would be the VERY dim lighting. It was so hard to see the menu & the food. The beautiful presentation was lost in the darkness. Literally had to use the flashlight on my phone to read the menu.
Everyone was so pleasant- what a great experience !!
Very busy place on a Tuesday night!
Free valet parking
And should it matter to you- they have 2 single use Unisex restrooms.
This would be an excellent date location.

Reviewed 9 March 2017

The best thing about our visit was the service, super attentive - Samantha was GREAT! We tried multiple things but none of the rolls were to die for. My favorite was the yellowtail carpaccio. We also had the potato roll, mermaid roll, avocado wrapped roll and a few nigri. Maybe we did not get the right things. Would try again before making the final call but overall was underwhelmed. The atmosphere was super cool and I am sure it will be hot spot for drinks and hanging out but for sushi freaks like we are there are better choices in Charlotte.

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Great sushi, rice in a groovy atmosphere! Our server was excellent as well, and the manager stopped by to make sure we were enjoying ourselves. I definitely recommend!

Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

The food here is amazing especially the yellowtail carpaccio, the truffle oil edamame and the salmon lemon roll!! The staff is friendly and very attentive! Everything we've had there has been fabulous! We will definitely be back!