“Tasty Small Plates”
Review of JP Charlotte

JP Charlotte
Reserve with OpenTable
JP Charlotte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #86 of 2,612 Restaurants in Charlotte
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Reviewed 3 August 2016

My husband and I wouldn't usually go to a restaurant this expensive but we won a $100 voucher to JP Charlotte for the Westin Charlotte Valentine's Day photo contest. Our service and food were both very good. JP Charlotte has local beers like Noda Brewing on draft, which we ordered. We also took advantage of our gift certificate by ordering an appetizer of cornbread, two small plates; tuna tartare and blackened sea scallops, and the NY strip for two. Everything we ordered was delicious, and our waitress was very helpful and knowledgeable about the menu. Portions are very small though.

1  Thank Karen S
JPCharlotteCLT, General Manager at JP Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2016

Congratulations on winning! We are so happy you were able to come in and experience the great food Chef Lenny and his team prepare.

Reviewed 31 July 2016

My wife and I went to uptown last weekend to meet some friends for drinks at the Epicenter, we parked at the Westin hotel and took the train. it was a fun night that ended up in the JP Charlotte restaurant after my wife decided she wanted something sweet before we made the drive home. we ordered some coffee and two of the desserts, the Panna cotta, and the Deep fried brioche doughnut. the Panna cotta was excellent you could even see the vanilla bean seeds, but my wife would not stop raving about the Doughnut and demanded we try to make them at home! Needless to say we will be back to explore the rest of the menu. Hats off to the Chef.

JPCharlotteCLT, General Manager at JP Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2016

Thank you very much for the kind words! Chef Lenny and his team do a great job with the desserts and we cant wait for you to try the rest of the menu.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

This is the hotel restaurant, really good food in a relaxed setting. The breakfast buffet is full of choices. Lunch and dinner menus are priced reasonably for large servings. Try the NY Strip for 2.

Thanks for the great compliments on all 3 meal periods! Chef Lenny and his team work hard to ensure our guests are satisfied morning, noon and night.

Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Westin Charlotte on our wedding night and the best part of our stay was the service at JP.
After issues with the room the night before the wedding and poor service at the hotel front desk, my fiancé and her maid of honor grabbed dinner at JP. They had a server named Vianca who made sure they had everything they needed and provided premium customer service.
The morning after our wedding, my wife and I had breakfast at JP and had Vianca as a server. She remembered my wife and excitedly congratulated us. She provided by far the BEST service I've ever had at any restaurant, and not just the food service. After hearing of my wife's horrible check in experience, she reached out to a manager and had our meal comped. She went out of her way and went the extra mile to deliver a great experience. Vianca shows great leadership and JP Charlotte is lucky to have her. Companies need more employees like her!

JPCharlotteCLT, General Manager at JP Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2016

We love happy endings and are very pleased that Vianca was able to make your weekend great!

She is a great asset to our team that always goes above and beyond.

Congratulations and we look forward to welcoming you back on your 1st Anniversary!

Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

Not what I was expecting when I ordered my salmon but it was still very good. The asparagus was done more than I like it but that's a personal preference. Our server Natasha was very attentive and suggested several excellent options from the menu all from personal experience.

2  Thank Mark L

Natasha is very knowledgeable when it comes to the menu and we are happy that she was able to recommend many things you liked.

Chef Lenny and his team work hard to make every dish perfect!