“They Blew It”
Review of Trilogy Restaurant

Trilogy Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Trilogy Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #207 of 324 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We ate here ("dined" is too good a term) before a movie. Big disappointment. The tomato soup was so lukewarm I had to send it back. My shrimp lettuce wraps were presented in such flabby butter lettuce that there was no way to pick them up; the shrimp was so seasoned and grilled (?) it didn't taste like shrimp. My companion's shrimp oricchette was so drowning in pesto sauce, he couldn't taste either the shrimp or the pasta.
Service was friendly and attentive, as they knew we had a time deadline.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Fresh food and awesome service. Great popcorn as well. We ordered before the movie, and it was delivered into the theater. Nice job

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

My daughter had made reservations for their special Mother’s Day brunch today. Our reservation was for 11:00A.M. We arrived, my daughter let them know we had pre-paid tickets for the showing of Sound Of Music at 1:15P.M. After being seated by the hostess, we sat there for 20 minutes before a waitress finally came to our table. After 10 minutes she brought us water stating she would be back to take our order. We already knew what our choices would be. Well, we sat there waiting for her return, finally she returned and again my daughter reminded her of our movie reservations/ pre-paid tickets. As we waited to be served the first course we watched people leaving due not being served and over hearing tables talking about the poor quality of the food they too had to wait long periods of time to get, and upon getting it it was cold! We also noticed that each tables food was not brought out to the whole table but one person might get served while it might be 10 or more minutes till the other person was served their food. As I said we arrived at our 11:30 reservation on time, at 12:15 we had been served a glass of water and our mamus. Seeing how slow the service was and the Mother Day menu was a 3 course meal and how those around us were not being served as well we decided to get up and leave. We offered to pay for our mamuses but we were not charged. How “big” of them! As if!!! Would I recommend this resturant?? Absolutely not!! I understand things happen,, but when an establishment promotes a special event, they should as professionals plan ahead for different scenarios they perhaps could happen. Thank you for putting a sour note on a special memory my daughter was trying to make for my Mother’s Day. By the way.... we did not have time to have lunch. Our LUNCH came from the concession stand at the movie. May I add as well I’m a diabetic.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

We finally took a chance on the concept of being served dinner at this premier movie theatre. What's not to like, right? Well....

We bought the seats and ordered our meal 4 hours before the show. Seemed nifty enough..... however ...

Everyone else in the theatre was served at the beginning of the movie. 20 minutes later, a server dropped off a bag with our food. Everything was cold. The roasted asparagus was delicious but cold. Truffle fries very cold. Lobster roll barely had anything in it.

On balance, the meal interrupts a movie and the audience (sounds of opening bags and tearing into utensil wrappers), you might get a cold meal, and it won't be enough for the money.

When I finally got together with the person in charge to give feedback, he said " Well, we served 400 meals today and only had 2 problems" I laughed and said " This is how you respond?, you mean everyone stands a chance of winning the bad meal lottery and I'm one of 2 lucky ones?!? ..."
I think he got my point, and then he offered me a refund of the meal, but asked me for a receipt ( we did it online, so we only had an online barcode ticket).
After a few more minutes, he offered full refund including the movie. I didn't ask for any refunds, I was just wanting acknowledgment from feedback. This was ultimately very nice, but it didn't happen without pressing my point.

We'll probably try again since we are new at this, but will try to be served earlier somehow. We'll see.

The manager said their APP for food and movie was brand new and they were working out the kinks.

We do like the theatre comfort and seat guarantees if Silver Spot though!

Bon Appetite!, good luck and please be quiet opening those bags!!!! Shhhhhh

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We ate a very tasty lunch at the Trilogy Restaurant adjacent to the Silverspot Movie Theater before watching a movie in the theater. While the food was excellent, the service seemed to be a little slow, especially when we needed to pay and get into the theater in time to see the movie we selected. Although it was mid-afternoon, the restaurant was not busy and there were sufficient servers in the restaurant who should have been a bit more attentive. Otherwise we enjoyed the meal.