“not very spicy mexican food”
Review of LA Hacienda

LA Hacienda
Ranked #117 of 320 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 October 2016

The margarita's were good but the salsa dip was rather bland and disappointing. The soft tacos were good, the service was also good.

Reviewed 28 September 2016

If you order the coctel de camarones, you will not be disappointed!

There are other items that range from good to quite good, but the shrimp cocktail is topnotch. It's fresh, cold, and loaded with good-sized shrimp, plenty of avocado, and so forth.

I have ordered the same dish at around a dozen local Mexican restaurants over the

past couple years. This is the best.

The chips and salsa are nice - be sure and ask for the salsa picante (that's what they call their spicy brown sauce), and ask for the green sauce too, both of these in addition to the regular red sauce.

There can be semi-serious language problems with your server. Don't be daunted!

And with one or even two medium top-shelf margaritas (ask for Patron Silver and Grand Marnier), the bill will be pleasantly modest, around $35+/-.

1  Thank pauluncedu
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

We were a little reluctant to dine here. The parking lot was almost empty at dinner time on a Saturday. Glad we decided to go in. The food was delicious and service was great. The portions were well beyond our expectations. We have found a new place to eat in Chapel Hill that has a warm inviting atmosphere that is great for family dining. Can't go wrong.

1  Thank Charlotte S
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

This place is near the area I work in. I went in for lunch during the week. The food was mediocre at best. The service was just okay. I had requested no onions with my order and when my food was brought out it was smothered in onions. By the time the server got my food back to me the way it was supposed to be it was time for me to go back to work. I will not eat here again.

Reviewed 10 July 2016

Good Mexican food, clean establishment. We received a discount for showing our hotel room key card. Price was very reasonable.

2  Thank genalola

Been to LA Hacienda? Share your experiences!