“Very Good”

LA Hacienda
Ranked #117 of 324 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

We were a little reluctant to dine here. The parking lot was almost empty at dinner time on a Saturday. Glad we decided to go in. The food was delicious and service was great. The portions were well beyond our expectations. We have found a new place to eat in Chapel Hill that has a warm inviting atmosphere that is great for family dining. Can't go wrong.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank Charlotte S

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

This place is near the area I work in. I went in for lunch during the week. The food was mediocre at best. The service was just okay. I had requested no onions with my order and when my food was brought out it was smothered in onions. By the time the server got my food back to me the way it was supposed to be it was time for me to go back to work. I will not eat here again.

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed 10 July 2016

Good Mexican food, clean establishment. We received a discount for showing our hotel room key card. Price was very reasonable.

Date of visit: July 2016
2  Thank genalola
Reviewed 13 May 2016

Housed in one of the ugliest restaurant structures I have ever seen (initially I refused to enter the parking lot and seeing another placed called 'Cherry Pie" - a lovely building we went there, leaving when we found it to be an adult superstore- note old saw about books and covers) we tried it anyway. The initial service was not rapid, but not glacial either. However, attendance upon us after that was very good. This is the sort of family run Mexican restaurant where English IS their second language and the bulk of their customers (at least when we were there) are Hispanic in origin. The sanitation rating of the place is "A" (rated 98.5- I checked due to my wife's medical condition) and the food....is superb. I particularly recommend the burrito Jalisco. Do not be put off by the appearance, give it a try.

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank pattynjay
Reviewed 14 April 2016

I have given this restaurant a second and third chance, but it is the same every time - terrible service. I modify my order a little bit (for example, no beans), and they say no problem. But they get it wrong every time. Then they argue with me about their mistakes. I don't have problems at the other Mexican restaurants I go to, so I know it's not me. Also, this one has BY FAR the smallest lunch entrees.

Date of visit: April 2016