“Good food.”

LA Hacienda
Ranked #117 of 324 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 July 2016

Good Mexican food, clean establishment. We received a discount for showing our hotel room key card. Price was very reasonable.

2  Thank genalola

Reviewed 13 May 2016

Housed in one of the ugliest restaurant structures I have ever seen (initially I refused to enter the parking lot and seeing another placed called 'Cherry Pie" - a lovely building we went there, leaving when we found it to be an adult superstore- note old saw about books and covers) we tried it anyway. The initial service was not rapid, but not glacial either. However, attendance upon us after that was very good. This is the sort of family run Mexican restaurant where English IS their second language and the bulk of their customers (at least when we were there) are Hispanic in origin. The sanitation rating of the place is "A" (rated 98.5- I checked due to my wife's medical condition) and the food....is superb. I particularly recommend the burrito Jalisco. Do not be put off by the appearance, give it a try.

1  Thank pattynjay
Reviewed 14 April 2016

I have given this restaurant a second and third chance, but it is the same every time - terrible service. I modify my order a little bit (for example, no beans), and they say no problem. But they get it wrong every time. Then they argue with me about their mistakes. I don't have problems at the other Mexican restaurants I go to, so I know it's not me. Also, this one has BY FAR the smallest lunch entrees.

1  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 6 February 2016

Manager could care less about your business. I went there with my family of five and ordered two kids meal. I asked to have my child's drink since she was drinking water and I was paying for the kids meal. I was first told it had to be put in a kids cup to which I said no problem. However, I was charged for an adult drink. The manager came and said it didn't matter that my kid drank water he still had to charge me. I told him that makes no since if I am paying for it and we weren't sharing. Reluctantly, he said he would take it off but when I got the bill he still refused. I asked him if he was going to also charge me because I ate my sons sour cream to which he smirked. He was even more put off when I said if I pay for a kids meal at McDonald's no one can tell me who can drink the milk. I said it was a shame to get this treatment as a customer and again he could care less. Too many restaurant choices out there to have this type of experience. I did go there previously and my cousin found hair in her food. I was giving them a benefit of a doubt but this summed it up for me.

1  Thank Susan Wesley W
Reviewed 18 November 2015

While in Chapel Hill for the week on business, I came across this Mexican restaurant through trip advisor. What a great surprise....the food and service were fantastic. Service was quick and responsive, facilities were very clean, and the menu was vast. Upon ordering the fajitas for one....when received, I had to ask if the order was for one or two people...because it was overwhelming! The food was fantastic! I will be back.

1  Thank Mikbaidak