“Terrible customer service”

LA Hacienda
Ranked #117 of 324 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 6 February 2016

Manager could care less about your business. I went there with my family of five and ordered two kids meal. I asked to have my child's drink since she was drinking water and I was paying for the kids meal. I was first told it had to be put in a kids cup to which I said no problem. However, I was charged for an adult drink. The manager came and said it didn't matter that my kid drank water he still had to charge me. I told him that makes no since if I am paying for it and we weren't sharing. Reluctantly, he said he would take it off but when I got the bill he still refused. I asked him if he was going to also charge me because I ate my sons sour cream to which he smirked. He was even more put off when I said if I pay for a kids meal at McDonald's no one can tell me who can drink the milk. I said it was a shame to get this treatment as a customer and again he could care less. Too many restaurant choices out there to have this type of experience. I did go there previously and my cousin found hair in her food. I was giving them a benefit of a doubt but this summed it up for me.

1  Thank Susan Wesley W

Reviewed 18 November 2015

While in Chapel Hill for the week on business, I came across this Mexican restaurant through trip advisor. What a great surprise....the food and service were fantastic. Service was quick and responsive, facilities were very clean, and the menu was vast. Upon ordering the fajitas for one....when received, I had to ask if the order was for one or two people...because it was overwhelming! The food was fantastic! I will be back.

1  Thank Mikbaidak
Reviewed 26 June 2015

A great place to get mojitos and hang out with friends. The salsa is flavorful and abundant with chips while you wait for your dinner. Don't forget to get a picture of you and your girlfriends with the Dos Equis cut-out guy.

1  Thank Becky K
Reviewed 20 April 2015 via mobile

First we got sat next to a loud group who were drinking and yelling kids running around the restaurant.. Then we tried to ignore that then after we ate went to pay and the man at the register cracked my debit card cuz he didn't know how to use machine will never go back..

4  Thank bdurh026
Reviewed 11 March 2015

I had heard some mixed things about La Hacienda, but we decided to try it out for dinner. There were five of us and everyone ordered something different, and everyone enjoyed the food. I ordered carnitas and thought it was very good. The service was a little off, but they were busy and I believe they were doing their best. I'd certainly eat there again.

2  Thank MGG56